About this program
Bachelor of Social Services, Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor's degree in Social Services provides students with extensive abilities to work as social service professionals in social services and early childhood education, as well as in various roles in counselling, education, planning and development in health and wellness services.
Eligible applicants for degree studies in a university of applied sciences have completed:
- the studies required for graduating from the Finnish upper secondary school or a Matriculation Examination;
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) degree;
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma;
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) degree;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification covering 120 credits or 180 competence points or a corresponding earlier Finnish vocational degree covering at least 80 credits;
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification,
- or a comparable previous qualification;
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the country in question;
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Studying skills and working life competences
- Swedish Communication, B1
- Promotion of a Good Life
- Basics and Methods of Customer Work
- Social Inclusion
- Production of Welfare Services and Management
- Research and Development
- Bachelor of Social Services, Social Work with Adults
- Professional Principles and Customer Groups of Social Work with Adults
- Methods of Social Work with Adults
- Bachelor of Social Services, Disability Support Work and Services for the Elderly
- Bachelor of Social Services, Disability Support Work
- Bachelor of Social Services, Services for the Elderly
- Bachelor of Social Services in Child Protection
- Child and Family Services to Support Families
- Children as Customers of Child Protection
- Bachelor of Social Services, Social Work with Children and Youth
- Social Work in Schools
- Counselling in Schools
- Bachelor of Social Services, Early Childhood Education
- Basics of Early Childhood Education
- Advanced Early Childhood Education Studies
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship program in Turku University of Applied Sciences
The student can apply for a refund for the tuition fee based on the national certificate of language proficiency in the Finnish language, i.e. the YKI certificate.
The amount of the scholarship based on the YKI certificate in the Finnish language is EUR 4 000 when the student has paid EUR 11 500 tuition fee for the previous academic year. The scholarship can be granted only once per academic year.
The tuition fee in Turku UAS is 11 500 EUR per academic year.
Workload: 210 study points (ECTS)
Graduates of this program will receive a Bachelor of Social Services
The objective of the studies is to train creative and socially aware social service and early childhood education professionals who have reflective skills and a strong professional identity, and who value their own professional skills. Bachelor of Social Services graduates have the basic skills for supervisor work and entrepreneurship. The degree also prepares students for lifelong learning and further studies that lead to a Master's degree at a university or university of applied sciences.
As an expert on social services, you support children’s social inclusion and sense of community, offer support to their guardians and work in multi-professional work communities and networks. You understand the effects of societal changes on the lives of families with children, and you have broad knowledge of family services, so that you can contribute to preventing the disadvantage and marginalization of children and families.
Under the Act on Social Welfare Professionals (817/2015), the Bachelor of Social Services is a protected and licensed professional title in Finland. Those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Social Services in Finland may apply for the right to practice a social service profession as a licensed professional from the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health (Valvira).
Those students who complete early childhood education studies may work as social pedagogues in early childhood education and care. When they graduate, they must apply for their degree certificate and the qualification as a social pedagogue in early childhood education and care separately.
Message the school
About this institute
Turku University of Applied Sciences
Turku University of Applied Sciences is an inspirational community that is 10,000 members strong. This multidisciplinary and innovative university is dedicated to the creation of international competitiveness and well-being for Southwest Finland. Turku UAS graduates professionals with real world practice...
Why study at Turku University of Applied Sciences
Finland is a great place to study
Finland is a Nordic welfare state where equality is the fundamental ideology behind education. International rankings agree with us, as Finland has been ranked the happiest, most peaceful and sustainable country in the world, and the Finnish education system is known to be one of the best in the world.
Turku is a great place to live
Turku is one of Finland's biggest cities. The versatile livelihood structure, top-class selection of education, culture, and services, as well as the beautiful archipelago, form a magnetic combination in Turku. In Turku there is everything, but still Turku is small enough that you can go almost everywhere by foot or bike.
Turku UAS combines all mentioned above and more
Studies at Turku UAS are working life-oriented, combining theoretical studies with professional skills. At the core of our teaching is Innovation Pedagogy, a new approach to learning developed at Turku UAS. Innovation pedagogy corresponds to the needs of future skills and competencies, making our graduates practice-oriented professionals with top competencies.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Social Services, Early Childhood Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America