General Studies Self Designed MajorTrine University
General Studies Self Designed Major
A General Studies major allows you to build a broad-based education. It teaches you to think critically, communicate effectively, and pull together knowledge from many disciplines – skills you'll need to be successful in any career.
It demonstrates to employers and peers alike that you have the self-discipline and intelligence to work through a university-level program in a variety of subject areas.
It can serve as a prerequisite for a professional career, or as a stepping-stone to a college degree in another discipline. It can be the most personally rewarding major available, precisely because it is so broad, and it embodies the central philosophy of a liberal arts education that learning to think critically and to read and write well should help anyone in any career.
At Trine, one educational track that students can pursue is a Bachelor of arts with a major in General Studies, self-designed studies concentration. This maybe a good choice for you if you're looking to pave your own path, or create your own learning experience.
- Admission into the Allen School of Engineering and Computing and the Rinker Ross School of Health Sciences requires a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. In addition, students must have successfully completed the equivalent of Trine's English Composition I, Calculus I, and Chemistry I with a "C" or higher.
- Admission into the Franks School of Education requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Admission into the Jannen School of Arts and Sciences and the Ketner School of Business require a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Social Science & Humanities
- Mathematics & Science
General Social Studies Concentration
- Senior Capstone Project
Full-time tuition fee - $32,990 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the website for more information.
- Students shall be prepared for law school admission and have a sound foundation for legal studies.
- Students will attain a breadth and depth of the knowledge of social sciences.
- Students will experience the day-to-day requirements of practitioners in their chosen fields through internships.
- Students will understand the ethical behavior patterns demanded in professional conduct.
- The student will have skills necessary for good citizenship.
About this institute
At Trine, students can expect to participate. That's what's done, whether in class or enjoying down time. Students will find great opportunities to get involved and stay active. As a small institution, Trine is about community, meeting new friends and...
Want to know more about General Studies Self Designed Major? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Carson, United States of America
Carson, United States of America