Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
MSc Tourism & Hospitality ManagementTBS Business School - Barcelona Campus
MSc Tourism & Hospitality Management
The MSc Tourism & Hospitality Management is targeted at junior professionals who are looking to launch their careers in the challenging tourism and hospitality sectors. Using a data-driven approach, the program will provide you with well-grounded training in management with a focus on the tourism and hospitality industries.
Based in the heart of Barcelona, a hyper-tourist hub in Europe, this course will equip you with the competencies needed to design and execute tourism and hospitality management strategies with rigorous theoretical, strategic, and operational skills.
With a hands-on methodology, the program will give you the chance to work on practical projects with real companies that will allow you to experiment with what you have learned in class. Moreover, you will count on leading practitioners and internationally recognized academics that will lead you to a full immersion in the tourism & hospitality businesses.
This tourism and hospitality management program will allow you to get hands-on practice during an optional 4-to-6-month internship in a top national or international company. Additionally, you will benefit from a professional mentoring program that will set you on your way to finding your ideal professional path.
Everything you need to launch your career in the tourism & hospitality industries!
- Be ≤ 33 years old on the MSc program start date.
- Hold or be likely to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent.
- 3-year bachelor's degree (180 ECTS) with an outstanding curriculum.
Proficiency in English
- English native speakers: Scanned copy of your passport
- Applicants who have taken their bachelor’s degree fully in English: A letter from your university proving this.
- Non-native speakers: Provide one of the following officially recognized English certificates.
- TOEFL IBT: ≥ 80
- IELTS: ≥ 6.5
- TOEIC: ≥ 800
- Cambridge test: C1
- TBS English test: C1
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Marketing & Hospitality Overview
This academic block is divided into 5 modules, designed to provide you with sound fundamentals in Marketing and the Fashion & Luxury industries.
- Marketing Intelligence & Research
- The Pillars of Hospitality & Tourism
- Managing Hospitality Business Units
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Research Methods & Fundamental Business Skills I
Hospitality Business Development
This academic block is divided into 4 modules based around the integration of marketing into the Fashion & Luxury Goods sector.
- Strategic Business Management
- Team Challenge: Managing a Business Unit
- International Business Development
- Research Methods & Fundamental Business Skills II
Company Consulting Mission
You will become a consultant during a two-week, real-life consultancy assignment!
A TBS partner company will submit a topical strategic issue to the class in a letter of engagement.
With support from TBS professors, students will work on a strategic diagnosis to analyze the company’s competitive position. Finally, they will propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet the challenges faced by the company.
This hands-on project will allow you to put into practice the skills and knowledge you have obtained during the MSc Fashion & Luxury Marketing course
Soft Skills Certificate
During this module, you will develop your management and leadership abilities in terms of people and behavioral skills that will help you effectively manage your career in the fashion and luxury industry. This certificate was designed by 26 professors and leadership and management professionals, in collaboration with TBS Career Starter.
- Management & Leadership Skills
- Career Agility
Company Visits Program
The master’s program offers you the chance to visit a number of fashion & luxury companies, so that you can experience them from the inside. The visits will be directly related to the activities and projects on the MSc Fashion & Luxury Marketing course.
You will be asked to write an individual dissertation on a current marketing issue in the fashion & luxury industries from an academic or professional perspective. You will be making a contribution to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified issue. The write-up should reflect the following:
- Motivation: Justifying the choice of the research problem or issue
- Resourcefulness: Ability to start and conceptualize a piece of research
- Creativity & common sense: Demonstration of a structured and logical methodology
- Cross-functionality: Demonstration of a multidimensional approach to problem-solving
Submitting a suitable master’s thesis is a compulsory requirement for graduation.
You will be given the chance to work as an intern at a company in Spain or abroad over a 4-to-6-month period. You do not need to complete this internship in order to graduate from the master’s course.
However, at TBS we encourage our students to complete an internship to supplement their education with professional experience in tourism and hospitality, as it offers a boost to professional integration.
The total tuition fee is 16 500€. You will need to pay over 3 instalments:
- First payment - reservation fee: €4,950
- Second payment: €6,600 in October.
- Third payment: €4,950 in December
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the institute website for more information
Upon the successful completion of the MSc Tourism & Hospitality Management, you will be able to pursue a career in some of the following professional positions:
- Airlines, cruises & amusement parks manager
- Customer service manager
- Director of operations
- Director of sales & marketing
- Event & conference manager
- General manager
- Hotel manager
- Restaurant manager
- Revenue manager
- Spa & sports manager
- Tour operation & travel agencies manager
About this institute
TBS Business School
TBS in Barcelona is the campus of the Barcelona city of TBS Business School, a group that has teaching centers in Toulouse, Casablanca, Barcelona, London, and Paris. TBS in Barcelona offers advanced training in Business Management (Bachelor in Management, Master...
Want to know more about MSc Tourism & Hospitality Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Le Bouveret, Switzerland
15,980 EUR-15,990 EUR