Master of International Hotel ManagementTorrens University Australia
Master of International Hotel Management
All available course dates
Master of International Hotel Management
If you are looking for a business career that allows rapid employee development, has scope for travel, is fast-paced and people orientated, then hotel management is the career for you. You will gain a deep understanding of hotel management, operations and business, designed to secure you a management position in a leading hotel on graduation. The program offers a six-month paid industry placement in Australia, yet another opportunity that will set you ahead of the competition.
Incorporating a professional development workshop, the Master of International Hotel Management course supports you with greater awareness of what lies ahead when entering your first role. It provides a realistic view of what they will encounter when entering the hospitality sector. Additionally, you will learn about: future leader qualities and attributes, cultural awareness (adaption and flexibility), business communications (verbal and nonverbal), professional use of social media and the importance of grooming.
Competitive individuals wishing to accelerate their career progression in the hospitality industry. If you are looking for a business career that allows rapid employee development, has scope for travel, is fast paced and people focused, than this is the degree for you.
Domestic Admission Criteria
- Must be 21 years of age or over when starting a Masters’ degree, Graduate Certificate or Diploma.
- Must have completed a bachelor degree as recognised by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF 7).
- Applicants with 3 years management / supervisory experience can also enter the Masters’ degree by successfully completing the Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma.
- Original certified copies of all qualifications must be provided (including the original language and translated document if English is not the applicants first language).
International Admission Criteria
- Australian bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Strategic Hotel Management
- Independent Critical Analysis Project
- Business Research for Hoteliers
- Entrepreneurship for Hospitality Leaders
- Hotel Finance and Revenue
- Leadership for Global Hospitality
- Contemporary Hotel Marketing
- Service Design and Management
- Management of Rooms Division
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations
- Hotels and the Guest Experience
- COMR2004 Industry Placement
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
10 hours per subject, per week.
- 600-hour industry placement
- Hotel management and operations
- Strategic management
- Revenue management
- Accounting and finance
Graduates can expect to enter a wide variety of fields, with the largest employers being event management companies, hotels, and resorts. Employment can also be found in the not-for-profit, financial and management sector, government agencies, and so much more.
Ben Everingham is currently studying Hotel Management at The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS)
About this institute
Torrens University Australia
Torrens University Australia brings a fresh, modern, careers-focused and global perspective to higher education. Our courses are aimed at providing graduates with a globally oriented skill-set that will make them a valuable contribution to any employer. Torrens University’s ensures that...
Why study at Torrens University Australia
- Industry Placements
- One-on-One Success Coaches
- Flexible Online Learning
- Small Class Sizes
- Globally Focused curriculum
- High-End Technology
- Hundreds of Partner Companies around the Globe
- Over 90% Alumini Employability
- Actual industry professionals teaching
Want to know more about Master of International Hotel Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...