Associate Degree of Culinary Management
If your goal is to start your own restaurant one day then this course is for you. As the head chef, you will bring your culinary vision to life, setting the scene for a dining experience that your customers won’t forget. Graduate with a thorough understanding of this exciting and fast-paced industry, making you highly sought after and job-ready.
The Associate Degree of Culinary Management has been designed to equip you with specialist knowledge. By studying this course you will receive the practical skills required to find employment as a chef or other culinary professional, as well as a solid foundation of business subjects that will allow you to be a successful business owner or manager in the hospitality industry.
Those with a passion for incredible food and creating amazing dining experiences. You'll learn the practical skills required to become a proficient chef who aims to deliver an unforgettable customer experience. Culinary Management offers practical restaurant experience and in-depth knowledge of the various cuisines of the world.
Domestic Admissions Criteria
To be eligible for admission you must satisfy one of the entry requirements below:
Year 12 (or equivalent)
Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification. OR
Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above.
Work and Life Experience Entry
Demonstrated skills and knowledge gained through paid or unpaid employment, formal learning and/or non-formal learning (presented on a current resume with attached cover letter).
International Admissions Criteria
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent; and
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (no band less than 5.5) or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Professional Cookery – Theory
- Introduction to Professional Cookery – Practical
- Customer Experience Management
- Understanding People and Organisations
- Business Communications
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Introduction to Patisserie
- Introduction to Kitchen Operations
- Menu Engineering and Design
- Advanced Kitchen Operations
- Intermediate Professional Cookery – Theory
- Intermediate Professional Cookery – Practical
- The Business Environment
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Industry Practicum 1 and 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
10 hours per subject, per week. International students on a student visa are required to study full time, i.e. the student must complete a minimum of 1.0 EFTSL of study per year.
This program is also available part time.
- Create masterpiece dishes for guests at William Blue dining
- Business Communication & Marketing Fundamentals
- Advanced kitchen operations
- Profound knowledge of kitchen service and management skills
Successful completion of the Diploma of Travel and Tourism with Torrens University Australia will guarantee entry into the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Culinary Management
- Sous Chef
- Catering Manager
- Restaurant Owner
- Hospitality Entrepreneur
- Operations Manager
About this institute
Torrens University Australia
Torrens University Australia brings a fresh, modern, careers-focused and global perspective to higher education. Our courses are aimed at providing graduates with a globally oriented skill-set that will make them a valuable contribution to any employer. Torrens University’s ensures that...
Why study at Torrens University Australia
- Industry Placements
- One-on-One Success Coaches
- Flexible Online Learning
- Small Class Sizes
- Globally Focused curriculum
- High-End Technology
- Hundreds of Partner Companies around the Globe
- Over 90% Alumini Employability
- Actual industry professionals teaching
Want to know more about Associate Degree of Culinary Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Grayslake, United States of America
Palatine, United States of America
Palatine, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America