Higher Certificate in Theology
This one-year Higher Certificate in Theology offers an excellent introduction to the study of Christian ministry. It includes training in applicable skills designed to empower Christian leaders to make a meaningful impact in their communities and in the building of churches. The course is designed for people who find themselves in situations where a need for Christian ministry exists: ministers, pastors, evangelists, members of church councils, Bible-study group leaders, Sunday-school teachers, youth leaders, chaplains, and anybody who wishes to learn more about the Christian ministry. Skills such as the following are taught: communication and listening skills, skills to read and write in a theological context, the use and interpretation of the Bible, counseling and leadership skills. Constructive attention is given to African Theology.
To be admitted to the Higher Certificate in Theology, a student must have a National Senior Certificate (from 2008) and an AP of at least 20, with a minimum performance level 4 (50%) in one of the official teaching languages of the UFS.
Pay attention to the following important information:
- The UFS reserves the right to change the minimum requirements of each program or any other information without notifying you.
- There are specific admission requirements that you should meet if you want to study at any South African university. If you finished school in or after 2008 and have a National Senior Certificate (NSC), you need to have a performance level of at least 4 (50%) in four (4) of the seven (7) subjects included in your NSC subject package. LO is excluded.
- All admission requirements apply to first-year students in 2021.
- Admission to study at the UFS is dependent on the following:
- Your application should meet all the minimum requirements for the program
- The program must have available space and capacity to admit students
- You have to submit valid school results with your application
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Higher Certificate in Theology requires 166 credits at NQF level 5 and takes a minimum period of one academic year to complete. It consists of eight compulsory theology modules (128 credits), one university module, TCLI1510 (6 credits), and one foundational provisional module, EALH1508 (32 credits).
The Higher Certificate in Theology is presented on a full-time (one academic year/two semesters) basis.
Eight Compulsory Modules
- Introduction to the Bible
- Interpreting and Proclaiming the Bible in Africa
- Pastoral Ministry in African Context
- Christian Leadership in an African Context
- Mission in Africa
- Contemporary Expression of Religiosity in Africa
- Vitality of African Theology
- Memory and the Christian Church
- Academic Language Course in English
- Computer Literacy
About this institute
The University of the Free State
The University of the Free State is situated in Bloemfontein – the centre of South Africa. Bloemfontein serves as the capital of the Free State Province as well as the. Judicial Capital of South Africa. This beautiful city is also...
Want to know more about Higher Certificate in Theology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Graduate diploma / certificate
Doctorate / PhD