Why study the Bachelors of Agribusiness/Veterinary Technology. The dual four-year program allows you to combine practical business skills with your interests in veterinary technology. In the veterinary technology component you will study animal handling, welfare and behaviour, clinical aspects of small and large animal health, veterinary surgical nursing principles, and veterinary practice management. You will gain skills in routine laboratory and clinical support procedures. You will also develop knowledge and professional skills in animal management, technology and welfare that can be used beyond the clinical setting.
The agribusiness component of the program will prepare you for business management positions in industries which demand graduates who are consumer focused, commercially aware, innovative, internationally orientated and technically competent. You will learn about marketing, finance and managing people and technology along the agrifood value chain. You will study business courses in accounting, economics, and market research in an agribusiness context.
Students will complete courses at both the St Lucia (Brisbane) and Gatton campuses.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
Founded in 1910, The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s premier learning and research institutions. Internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities and superior campus environment, 43,700 students, including 10,500 international students from more than...
Why study at The University of Queensland
- Top 50 world wide – QS World University Rankings 2010
- Top 1% worldwide – Times Higher Education University Rankings 2011
- Above world standard in more fields of research than any other Australian university – Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment 2010
- Placed 11th in the Asia Pacific and 108th worldwide in the 2010 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Winner of more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. UQ teachers have a 100 percent success rate in the Carrick Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, which recognise teaching excellence in higher education.
- Founding member of the national Group of Eight, an alliance of research intensive universities that ensure Australia has higher education institutions that are genuinely world class.
- Member of the global Universitas 21, an alliance that enhances the quality of university outcomes through international benchmarking and produces strong global citizens as a result of student mobility experiences.
- Comprehensive range of high quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs with over 350 programs and 4000 courses available.
Australia ranked #2 study abroad country
Australia has been ranked the #2 study abroad country in the world for 2020! With everything from the tranquility of the Gold Coast beaches to the adventure of the Australian Alps, take a trip “Down Under” and discover why Australia is a great choice for an exceptional study abroad experience.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...