About this program
MSc Data Analytics and Social Statistics
The field of data analytics is developing rapidly. With the rise of ever larger and more specialised datasets, it’s essential to understand how to collect, handle, evaluate and interpret data to unleash its true potential.
Through studying this fully online, part-time course, you will learn to process and analyse complex social data effectively, improving your skills and professional outcomes in the process.
Leveraging real-world data and R software, this practical course will ensure you learn applicable techniques to take into the workplace.
An Upper Second (2:1) class honours degree, or the overseas equivalent in a social science discipline.
We may also consider exceptional applicants with a Lower Second (2:2) class honours degree if you have research experience or equivalent professional experience.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
1. Data Cleaning and Visualisation Using R (20 credits)
2. Introduction to Statistical Modelling (20 credits)
3. Data Science Modelling (20 credits)
4. Survey Methods and Online Research (20 credits)
5. Multilevel and Longitudinal Analysis (20 credits)
6. Demographic Forecasting (20 credits- Optional Unit)
7. Structural Equation Modelling (20 credits)
8. Research Skills in Practice (20 credits- Mandatory for MSc students)
9. Project (40 credits- Mandatory for MSc students)
This course is 100% online, allowing you to study with The University of Manchester from anywhere in the world. You can learn flexibly at a time and pace that suits you. You will gain access to the University’s quality teaching, benefiting from the expertise and reputation of our School of Social Sciences, ranked 5th in the UK (The Times Higher Education Guide 2022).
All course material is available through the virtual learning environment (VLE) and includes video, assessments, workbooks and more. You will also benefit from interactive teaching and the chance to collaborate with your course peers from your global community.
September 2023 tuition fees (UK/EU/International): £15,500
You can save up to 15% on your tuition fees. Please see our fees and funding section below for more details.
We offer payment by instalments, so you can spread the cost of studying with us.
MSc (180 credits) - to achieve a Master of Science, you need to complete six 20-credit units, a mandatory 20-credit RSiP unit, and a 40-credit dissertation project.
About this institute
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognised across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
Why study at The University of Manchester
- Leading International University, ranked 6th in the UK and 27th globally
- Applied & practice-based learning, taking new skills into the workplace immediately
- Meet with global experts & build your professional network
Be the first to write a review!