About this program
MA Educational Leadership in Practice (Blended Online Course)
Our online learning MA in Educational Leadership in Practice caters to the training needs of professionals around the world, whether you're looking to enhance your skills in leadership within schools or further your career in this area.
Successful leaders in education require a wide range of transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge in areas such as in education and social policy, leading organisational and educational change.
At the start of your course in February, you'll have the chance to network with academics teaching the course, meet your peers and grow your network of global educational practitioners at a three-day conference in Manchester.
A good honours degree (minimum 2:1) or the overseas equivalent. An initial qualification in teaching, or at least one year's professional experience in a public or private educational organisation, are desirable but not essential requirements.
Two satisfactory professional or academic references and a copy of your CV detailing your full work experience.
In the case of non-native speakers of English an IELTS profile of 6.5 overall with no less that 6.5 in the writing component and no other subsection below 6.0.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Models of Educational Leadership
- Engaging with Educational Research
- Leading Educational Change and Development
- Education Policy and Leadership
- Educational Leadership as a Social Practice
- APL or optional units
- Research skills and application of research to professional practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The MA Educational Leadership in Practice is a blended-learning program. This means course content is delivered online using web-enabled technology systems, with your lectures and tutorials delivered online.
You’ll also have the opportunity to attend industry conferences at one of our International Centres twice a year. The conferences are a great way of meeting your fellow peers on the course, your tutors and industry leaders.
Please visit the university's website for more information about tuition fees.
Master of Arts
The course will equip you and develop:
- A deep understanding of the theories, research and intellectual debates of the best leadership practice across the globe;
- The oppportunity to develop networking opportunities with educational leaders in academia and within the sector;
- A personal development plan for the year ahead;
- The skills and knowledge to be the positive change your educational organisation requires by developing a critical approach to educational leadership and not a functionalist one;
- The skills to use collaborative tools for online interaction;
- Flexible and relevant tranferable skills of leadership that educational leaders require in their career and beyond.
This is a great opportunity for educators who are looking to step into management or more senior level role, including a leadership role. You will be able to use your critical experience gained on the course, working on real-world projects, in your workplace.
This course will benefit those working in the educational sector already and who want to understand and develop their leadership practice in their organisation.
This course will equip you, the leader, with the tools you need to support and defend your own educational inititaives, as well as your own teachers and students.
About this institute
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognised across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
Why study at The University of Manchester
- Leading International University, ranked 6th in the UK and 27th globally
- Applied & practice-based learning, taking new skills into the workplace immediately
- Meet with global experts & build your professional network
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Pretoria, South Africa