About this program
Healthcare Ethics and Law CPD (Online Course)
Inform your decision-making
Study the theory that underpins effective decision making in practice and develop your critical analysis skills. Our range of flexible, interdisciplinary courses will deepen your understanding of ethical and legal issues in healthcare and will help to build your confidence when faced with complex dilemmas.
The combination of online delivery with consistent support from our experienced and approachable academics will enable you to study while you work.
The 'Medical Decision-Making: Ethics and Law' continuing professional development course at The University of Manchester is provided online in a virtual learning environment.
It explores all aspects of medical and healthcare decision-making, with opportunities to reflect on cases and activities to help you focus on your learning.
The package has been granted accreditation from the Royal College of Physicians, you should:
- Be able to claim CPD credits for the hours you spend on the course and for extra reading, but check the CPD guidance for your profession first.
- Use your certificate of completion and printouts of the course content as supporting evidence when completing your CPD profile.
The course is ideal if you are working in the healthcare or legal sector, are interested in this area, and requires no previous training.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The course units are:
- Introduction to Health Care Ethics and Law
- Introduction to Law and Legal Research
- The Moral and Legal Importance of the Principle of Respect for Individual autonomy
- The Importance of Valid Legal Consent
- How Much Information is Enough?
- Mental Capacity, Competence and Consent
- Refusal and Withdrawal of Treatment
- Treating Children and Adolescents
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Flexible entry means you can enrol anytime and have one year to complete the course. You can study at your own pace, when and where you want.
Please visit the university's website for more information about tuition fees.
About this institute
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognised across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
Why study at The University of Manchester
- Leading International University, ranked 6th in the UK and 27th globally
- Applied & practice-based learning, taking new skills into the workplace immediately
- Meet with global experts & build your professional network
Be the first to write a review!