Bar Practice Course (BPC ) - Full-timeThe University of Law
Bar Practice Course (BPC ) - Full-time
All available course dates
About this program
Bar Practice Course (BPC ) - Full-time
If you have a law degree or GDL and wish to train as a barrister, our Bar Practice Course (previously the Bar Professional Training Course - BPTC) is designed to help you secure pupillage. You can expect high standards of tutoring by qualified practitioners with unparalleled experience in delivering advocacy. Choose our BPC LLM and add an internationally recognised Master's qualification to your CV.
You'll be supported by our specialist careers service from the moment you accept your place. Our track record says it all - 59% of our full-time UK/EEA Bar Practice Course students graduating in 2018 secured a pupillage (based on student data collated September 2020). Previously the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
To be eligible to take up your place, you must comply with the requirements for commencing a Bar Practice Course (BPC) set out by the Bar Standards Board (BSB).
- You will be required to pass the Bar Course Aptitude Test by August of the year you commence your studies. Further details on this test can be found on the Bar Standards Board website
- You will need either a qualifying law degree (QLD) 2:1 minimum or an undergraduate degree in any other subject (2:1 minimum) and a Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE
- For qualifying law degrees, all offers based on predicted grades will be conditional upon achieving a 2:1 or above
- All applicants who meet the basic eligibility criteria will be required to attend a Selection Interview at one of our centres
For non QLD applicants with a 2:2, offers based on predicted GDL/MA Law/PgDL/MA Law (Conversion) or MA Law (SQE1) grade will be conditional upon achieving distinction or commendation
It is your responsibility to ensure you fulfil all eligibility requirements for the BPTC.
English language requirement
You must be fluent in English and you will need to be able to demonstrate your oral and written English is equivalent to:
- IELTS (academic): Score of 7.5 in all four areas
- ISE IV (Trinity College London): Pass in all four components
- Pearsons (academic): Score of 73 in all four areas
- Cambridge English: First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency (test taken before January 2016): Overall 191 with no one component below 191
- Cambridge English: First Certificate (test taken before January 2016): Pass at Grade A and Exceptional in all four components
- Cambridge English: Advanced (test taken before January 2016): Pass at Grade B or C and Borderline in all four components
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (test taken before January 2016): Pass at Grade C1 and Weak in all four components
UK or Republic of Ireland award:
- Qualifying Law Degree - 1st or 2:1
- GDL - distinction or commendation
- Medical, dentistry, veterinary degree - pass Please note: The University will not accept TOEFL English Language test as a proof of students' English proficiency until further notice due to Home Office investigation.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- BPC - Domestic: From £12,100.
- International: From £12,100.
- BPC LLM - Domestic: From £14,900.
- International: From £14,900.
- Up to £700 discount available for those studying at Newcastle in September 2022.
Career path: Law
Message the school
About this institute
The University of Law
The University of Law (founded in 1962 as The College of Law of England and Wales) is a private university in the United Kingdom, providing law degrees, specialist legal training, continuing professional development courses for British barristers and solicitors, and...
Why study at The University of Law
- We're ranked first for overall student satisfaction among universities in England (2020 National Student Survey).
- We’ve trained more practising lawyers than anyone else in the UK, and our expert career services team offers students the opportunity to get real world experience from the start.
- Our professionally-focused degrees are designed and taught by experts in the fields of law, criminology and policing.
- More than 250 professional tutors
- 1st for amongst universities in England for Overall Student Satisfaction
- Over 90% of our LLB tutors are qualified lawyers
Helping you get hired is the central aim of our courses and expert Employability Services. We ensure that the goal of employment is embedded into all of our teachings. The University of Law also has five QS Stars, including five QS Stars in Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Academic Development and Inclusiveness.
Our Employability Team is always on hand to help with your career planning, applications, CV, cover letters and anything else you need for your career progression. From work experience opportunities to skills development advice, our team is there to help you achieve your ambitions.
Want to know more about Bar Practice Course (BPC ) - Full-time? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...