LLM in Human Rights and International Law
The LL.M. in Human Rights and International Law is offered through Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School (RIS) in partnership with the Faculty of Law, long considered the most prestigious law school in the country. This program is geared toward students who have completed a law degree and are interested in careers in law, academia, and governmental and non-governmental sectors. As a participant in this program, you will learn from experts about how to create and implement human rights and international law.
Eligibility: Law school graduates with an LL.B. or J.D. degree or equivalent
To be eligible for acceptance, you must have the following:
- LL.B. or J.D. degree from an accredited institution of higher education recognized by HebrewU; note that applicants with degrees from France must have the M1 in addition to an LL.B.
- Minimum B average (85/100 or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of English
In addition to your online application, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- Academic Records: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a B average (85/100 or equivalent) or above. Applicants must submit transcripts and diplomas from all prior academic degrees.*
- Proof of English Proficiency: A TOEFL exam score of 80 or above, IELTS exam score of 6 or above, Amir exam score of 220 or above, or Amiram exam score of 120 or above. **
- A CV and Statement of Purpose
- One Academic Recommendations
- An Academic Paper in English (may be a final paper submitted for a university course or sample of your legal writing).
- Photocopy of your Passport ID page
- A Medical Form and Disclaimer Form (US citizens only)- both forms may be downloaded from the application website.
** If you have completed a degree at a university at which English is the sole language of instruction, or if you have completed a degree in English Language and Literature, you can request an exemption. You must submit documentation from your university verifying English as the language of instruction. Exemption is not automatic and is determined on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Introductory Courses (3 of 3)
- Israel and International Law
- Introduction to the Law of Israel
- International Human Rights Law
Core Courses (4 of 5)
- International Regulation of Trade and Investment
- International Criminal Law
- Laws of War
- Introduction to Transitional Justice
- Terrorism, Counter-Terrorism and Human Rights
Workshops (2 of 3)
- International Law Workshop
- Transitional Justice Colloquium: Comparative, Jurisprudential and Regional Perspectives
- Workshop In Public Law And Human Rights
Seminars (2 of 4)
- The Role of International Law in Resolving the Middle-East Conflict
- Non-state Actors in International Law
- Religion, State, and Multiculturalism
- Strangers in their own Land: Law, Colonialism and Indigenous Peoples
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
$16,000 USD per year
Degree earned: Master of Laws
Career Outlook: Law, academia, government, NGOs
Geared towards law graduates interested in specializing in the fields of human rights and international law, this program is designed to help you advance your career in law or begin a career in government, non-governmental organizations, or academia.
About this institute
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, founded in 1918 and opened officially in 1925, is Israel’s premier university as well as its leading research institution. The Hebrew University is ranked internationally among the 100 leading universities in the world and first...
Want to know more about LLM in Human Rights and International Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...