Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Tel Aviv University – Israel’s largest, most vibrant and most comprehensive institution of higher education – offers a streamlined M.A. program in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), designed to prepare individuals for a wide variety of exciting international career opportunities in the English teaching profession. Spanning three semesters and taught entirely in English, the program combines academic studies with practical teaching experience in the Israeli school system. Since its inception in 2003 the M.A. TESOL program has attracted students from around the world.
The M.A TESOL program prepares graduates for global career opportunities in the field of English language learning and instruction. Our interdisciplinary curriculum provides opportunities for professional growth in teaching, research, program development and administration. Taught by world-renowned experts in the field, this innovative program combines advanced academic study with practical teaching experience. Gain expertise in the latest trends in the field while receiving individualized guidance and hands-on experience in the classroom.
Bachelor's degree in any field with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or 80 on a 100 scale
Application Materials and Requirements:
Applicants are asked to submit the following with their online application form (all documents must be in original and sent from their source):
- Copy of bachelor’s degree diploma
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions you have attended
- General GPA requirement of 80 on a scale of 100, 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or C on the ECTS scale. These are approximate and candidates with other strengths are also encouraged to apply.
- If your transcripts are not written in English, you will need to acquire a translated copy which will need to be notarized for authenticity.
- Two letters of recommendation, from academic and/or professional sources
- Personal essay
- This personal essay must be up to three pages in length, and should include your interest in pursuing the M.A. Program in TESOL; how the program fits into your overall professional growth; and how you will contribute to the program and class dynamics.
- All applicants applying to TAU International English-speaking programs who are from non-English speaking countries or are non-native speakers of English must provide proof of English proficiency as part of the application requirements. To view specific instructions for completing this step.
- $100 USD application fee, payable by credit card or bank transfer.
- One passport sized photo
- A Health Declaration (to be filled out by the applicant) and a Medical Form (to be filled out by a licensed doctor). Both forms are not mandatory while an applicant's file is marked as 'Under Review,' but are highly suggested to be sent in as soon as possible.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Teaching internship in the Israeli school system, including in higher education and refugee program
- Classroom theory is complemented with field trips and extracurricular activities
- Optional thesis track
- Program is open to students with no background in English language teaching
For more information please visit university website.
$15,250 + $1,450 intensive Hebrew program (Compulsory for beginners)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
About this institute
Tel Aviv University International
Tel Aviv University (TAU) is Israel's largest and most comprehensive institution of higher learning; it is home to over 30,000 students studying in 9 faculties and over 125 schools and departments across the spectrum of sciences, humanities and the arts....
Want to know more about Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.