MPH - Emergency & Disaster Management Program
The International Emergency and Disaster Management Program is a one-year Master’s in Public Health at Tel Aviv University. It is designed to develop a new generation of leaders that will protect and make our communities more resilient.
The program is aimed for professionals with field experience and/or those striving to promote an effective disaster management.
Our multidisciplinary curriculum encompasses a diverse range of fields:Disaster Management, Emergency Medicine, Public Health, Humanitarian Aid, Crisis Communication, Crisis Management, Cyber Security, CBRNE and more.
In this program, you will develop new, innovative, and critical ways of thinking when examining intervention plans in emergency and disaster situations, and the ability to put these plans into action.
As a World Health Organization (WHO) collaborating center, this unique hands-on program provides our graduates with both the theoretical knowledge and the practical aspects required to effectively manage emergencies, disasters, and their consequences.
Based in Tel Aviv, Israel, a world leader in emergency preparedness and management, this program offers our students from around the globe an opportunity to study and engage with some of the leading Israeli and international experts and faculty that contribute to emergency and disaster management.
- Leading professionals – Train and engage with top-notch academics, field experts, and policymakers from around the world.
- Theory into Practice - Develop your professional networks and future career opportunities with an internship in areas of your professional interests.
- Study in Israel - A country that is renowned for its leadership and innovative approaches to disaster management.
- Optional thesis track available
Completed Bachelor's Degree with a final grade equivalent to 75 on a scale of 100. Priority will be given to candidates who hold positions in field related to Emergency Management and National Security.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Emergencies and Disaster
- Operational , Technological and Logistical – Topics in Disasters
- Public Policy
- Global Warming & Natural Hazards
- Mental Health Aspects of Emergencies and Disaster Situations
- Leadership & Team Building
- Research Methods
- Introduction to CBRN
- Risk and Crisis communication
- Projects' Management and Evaluation
- Humanitarian Affairs
- Crisis Management in Organizations
- Disaster Psychology
- Introduction to Cyber Events Readiness and Response
- Medical Management in Mass Disasters and Mass Casualty Events
- Public Health Consequences to Disasters
- Legal Aspects of Disaster Management & Humanitarian Action
- Integrated Planning and Intervention & visits, meetings with emergency organizations, and visits during drills
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
In case of restrictions connected to the COVID-19 situation, please note that this program has put in place an alternative of long-distance learning. If physical presence is not possible, you will be able to participate in your courses remotely and once permitted, resume them in person without this affecting your ability to complete the program.
During the fall semester, the program will be operating under a hybrid model offering in-person/online classes. If physical presence is not possible, you will be able to participate in your courses remotely and complete your program within the scheduled timeframe.
- Application fee: $150 (nonrefundable)
- Annual Tuition: $17,500
Our alumni hold positions around the globe in the corporate, public and private sectors. In recent years, there has been an increase in demand for qualified professionals in emergency and disaster management across a spectrum of international aid, security, and humanitarian organizations, including the U.N., homeland security, hospitals, and NGOs.
About this institute
Tel Aviv University International
Tel Aviv University (TAU) - Israel's largest and most comprehensive institution of higher learning, is home to over 30,000 students studying in nine faculties and over 125 schools and departments across the spectrum of sciences, humanities and the arts. Tel...
Why study at Tel Aviv University International
Israel ranked #4 study abroad country
Israel has been ranked the #4 study abroad country in Asia for 2020! Israel is home to top-ranking universities and is a haven for entrepreneurs, especially in the tech and medical industries. Whether you settle in historical Jerusalem, liberal and cosmopolitan Tel Aviv, or seaside Haifa, come to Israel for a truly unique study abroad adventure.
Want to know more about MPH - Emergency & Disaster Management Program? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Rochester, United States of America