Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Industrial Engineering and Management - Business and TechnologyTampere University
Industrial Engineering and Management - Business and Technology
B&T focuses on business development in international sales and sourcing networks. Companies operate in global networks; both managers and business development professionals need to understand how these networks work and how they can be managed.
In B&T you will develop a thorough understanding of the business processes characteristic of global business-to-business markets and the ability to apply business development practices in international networks. As a special feature, our B&T program emphasises problem-based learning in projects with the local industry. Our program combines theory and practice providing students with skills and competences appreciated in the industry; in terms of graduate employment rates, B&T is one of the leading international MSc programs in Europe. An engineering background complemented with B&T is, therefore, an excellent starting point for a career in management.
As B&T is targeted at young engineers and engineering graduates, we place special focus on technology-intensive products and services. This pedagogical approach ensures that students are able to take full advantage of their engineering background when repositioning themselves in the management field.
To be eligible to apply to a Master’s degree program at Tampere University, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from relevant field for the Master’s degree program that you’re applying to
- from an accredited institution of higher education
- AND a good command of the English language for academic purposes.
A Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
Program-specific eligibility criteria
The previous degree should be from a field closely related to the Master's program you are applying to. In the Master’s program in Industrial the previous degree has to be in one of the following (or highly related) fields:
- technology or engineering
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basics of Industrial Management
- Negotiation in Sales and Sourcing
- Business Management Cases
- Literature Study in Business and Technology
- International Sales and Sourcing
- Introduction to Management Studies
- Proficiency Test for Master's Thesis
Tuition fee for non-EU/EEA citizens: 12000 € per academic year.
You will not be required to pay the fee if you are:
- an EU/EEA citizen
- equivalent to EU/EEA citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- already reside in Finland (a continuous A or a permanent P/P-EU residence permit), or have an EU Blue Card issued in Finland. The exempting residence permit must be valid when you are applying for studies and at least until 1 August i.e. when the study right commences. Please note that a residence permit in another EU/EEA country does not exempt you from the tuition fee.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn a Master of Science (Technology) degree (120 ECTS).
- After completing the program the students will be able to work as professionals in global sales and sourcing networks.
- The students are competent with business development in international business-to-business markets.
- The students have the ability to grow into professional and management positions in their business field.
- The students learn analytical, holistic and conceptual thinking. They learn to gather, classify, interpret and apply information systematically and critically.
- The students are capable of solving problems in business development in an innovative manner. They are able to apply the solutions in a goal-oriented and responsible manner.
- The students are able to analyze and develop organizations coherently (technology, business, human resources) with an academic approach.
- The students are able to interpret problems in industrial management, and communicate them fluently in international working environment both orally and in written form.
- The students understand the challenges in business development in multicultural organizations. They learn communication and cooperation skills required in multicultural working environment.
- The students learn to participate in societal debate related to industrial management.
- After completing the program the students have the competency for continuous learning and scientific postgraduate studies.
This program is aimed at students who have a BSc degree in engineering or technology. The engineering degree combined with our two-year management program is a powerful combination with interesting career prospects in business development.
Our graduates have career opportunties, for example, in the following fields:
- Business Development
- Sales Management
- Technology Sourcing
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Market Analytics
- Product Management
- Key Account Management
A solid theoretical knowledge combined with some practical experience is always valued in the corporate world. However, the most important assets for today's leaders, namely the willingness to grasp new opportunities fearlessly and the capability to acquire new competencies efficiently, are also practiced in this program.
About this institute
Tampere University is one of the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland. Almost all internationally recognised fields of study are represented at our university. Tampere University is a merger of the former University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology. University...
Want to know more about Industrial Engineering and Management - Business and Technology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...