MSc in Digital Health
Health care delivery is changing rapidly. Digital technologies are having an enormous impact on individual health and society’s well-being. New innovations are needed to solve the future challenges of health care delivery.
Digital Health master’s programme gives you the skills and interdisciplinary knowledge to implement new technologies in health care and provides practical examples of health care innovation and digitalization.
Degree: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Duration: 2 years
Faculty: School of Information Technologies
Study Load: 120 ECTS
Mode of Study: Full-time study
Applicants will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Health, Social, Natural Sciences, IT, Public Administration, Economics or Law.
- Motivation letter
- Online interview
- GRE General Test
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum outline (120 ECTS):
- General studies - cover courses on medical law and ethics, entrepreneurship and business planning, and research design. The students will also take part in a project-based master's seminar in which they must work in teams to develop innovative solutions to current health care problems.
- Core studies - include basics of e-health, health policy and health promotion, and human anatomy and diseases.
- Special studies - consist of specialisation courses in Digital Health Technologies that cover healthcare data systems and analysis, medical imaging and signals, interoperablity and quality management in healthcare, epidemiology, evaluation and financing in healthcare. The studies also include an internship in cooperation with the industry partners.
- Free choice courses - students can choose from a wide variety of courses offered by the university.
- Graduation thesis - students are asked to write a research paper or a scientific article, in which they must apply their knowledge on healthcare digitalisation through various perspectives.
Scholarships & funding
A tuition fee waiver is a scholarship that grants free education based on the points gained in the course of admission. It is automatically awarded to the best candidates according to the points gained in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Tuition Fee: non-EU - 6000 EUR/year
EU citizens are exempt from tuition fees for this programme.
Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Master of Science in Engineering (MSc).
During the studies, we put a lot of effort in connecting you to different industry partners, digital health companies, government institutions and start-ups.
A high number of our alumni have started work or have interned in digital health companies, IT-companies developing applications and systems in healthcare, in government institutions, in start-ups or in healthcare provider organizations.
Most of the jobs are involved in changing the current processes of health care and digitalising health care delivery for improved quality and access. Many of our alumni are working in or have co-founded digital health start-ups. This shows the need for innovation and new technologies in healthcare.
About this institute
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internationally high-level studies and research. At TalTech, we make real things and develop...
Want to know more about MSc in Digital Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...