About this program
MSc in Cybersecurity
This programme provides students with core skills in wide aspects of the security of information systems and specialised skills in the chosen specialisation. Students get a unique chance to study under high-level Cybersecurity practitioners from Estonian universities, industry, law enforcement, CERT and the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence.
- Degree: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- Duration: 2 years
- Faculty: School of Information Technologies
- Study Load: 120 ECTS
- Mode of Study: Full-time study
- The programme that is unique in Europe and offered in a country that has national experience of cyber-attacks
- Teaching staff with the latest high-level experience and know-how
- International guest lecturers from related industries and institutions)
- An internationally recognised qualification
Applicants will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, ICT or Economics (degree in other field is accepted only if the candidate has at least 1 year work experience in IT)
- Motivation letter
- Online lab
- Online interview
- GRE General Test
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum outline (120 ECTS)
- General studies - cover the courses about entrepreneurship and business planning, which help to understand the essence of entrepreneurship and its processes.
- Core studies - consist of courses about system administration, network technology, principles of secure software design, computer programming, and applied cryptography.
- Special studies - students can specialise in Cybersecurity (human and legal aspects of cybersecurity, cyber incident handling, cybersecurity management, cryptology, etc.), Digital Forensics (organisational theory and psychology, network protocol design, cyber defence monitoring solutions, etc.) or Cryptography (distributed computing and blockchains, design and analysis of algorithms, coding theory, etc.).
- Free choice courses - this module aims to let the students choose to study topics according to their interests and/or specialization.
- Graduation thesis - a scientific project that allows to apply theoretical knowledge to solving practical problems in the field of IT and Cybersecurity.
Scholarships & funding
A tuition fee waiver is a scholarship that grants free education based on the points gained in the course of admission. It is automatically awarded to the best candidates according to the points gained in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Tuition Fee: non-EU - 6000 EUR/year
EU citizens are exempt from tuition fees for this programme.
Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Master of Science in Engineering (MSc).
The programme conveys the specialist knowledge and professional skills needed on a career path leading to high-end technical roles (e.g. security analyst, architect or research engineer; security incident handler or a digital forensic expert in a law enforcement agency) or managerial roles (e.g. project/team leader or technology officer).
The studies are also an excellent addition to a previous background in legal studies or law enforcement, leading to unique career opportunities. Great networking possibilities and collaboration with leading specialists in the field will present graduates with a range of career opportunities. The studies can also be continued at doctoral level. The direct follow-up curriculum at TalTech is Information and Communication Technology (IAQD) PhD programme.
Message the school
About this institute
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internationally high-level studies and research. At TalTech, we make real things and develop...
Why study at Tallinn University of Technology
Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is the flagship in engineering and IT science and education in Estonia, providing higher education at all levels in engineering and technology, information technology, economics, science, and maritime. TalTech’s mission is to be a promoter of science, technology, and innovation and a leading provider of engineering and economic education in Estonia. The curricula are regularly updated to meet the needs of the labour market and strong private sector practitioners are involved. TalTech’s learning environment is also constantly evolving – several laboratories have been renovated and more and more teaching is done via e-channels. TalTech supports companies in organisational and product development. The Innovation and Business Centre Mektory brings together researchers, students, and entrepreneurs. Young people get inspiration, knowledge, and resources to establish and develop student start-ups. The university attaches great importance to the distinctive high standard of science and teaching and academic freedom. Thus, TalTech has become the first university in Estonia to offer a tenure-based academic career model.
Want to know more about MSc in Cybersecurity? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America