MSc in Applied Physics
This programme is designed for those who are interested in innovative engineering in research intensive companies. The program provides interdisciplinary education combining engineering, physics, mathematics, physical oceanography and atmospheric physics bridging the gap between theoretical science and practical engineering.
Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
Duration: 2 years
Faculty: School of Science
Study Load: 120 ECTS
Mode of Study: Full-time study
Applicants will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields (physics, mathematics, engineering, material science, environmental mechanics, etc).
- Motivation letter
- Online interview
- GRE General Test
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum outline (120 ECTS:
- General studies - cover the courses about entrepreneurship, which help to understand the essence of entrepreneurship and its processes.
- Core studies - create opportunities to get basic knowledge in physics and mathematics, a prerequisite for further specialised studies (continuum mechanics, scientific computing, equations of mathematical physics, etc.).
- Special studies - consist of Physics and Mathematics specialisation courses (quantum mechanics, mathematical modelling and nonlinear dynamics, geophysical fluid dynamics, particle physics, practical spectroscopy, etc.) and Oceanography and Meteorology specialisation courses (fundamentals of weather forecasting (synoptic and aviation meteorology), methods in marine environment protection, turbulence and mixing, remote sensing and marine optics, etc.).
- Free choice courses - this module aims to let the students choose to study topics according to their interests and/or specialisation.
- Graduation thesis - is an independently conducted research on a wide spectrum of topics, such as nanotechnology, quantum topics, solar cells, experimental solid state physics, econophysics, non-linear dynamics, biophysics, and more.
Scholarships & funding
A tuition fee waiver is a scholarship that grants free education based on the points gained in the course of admission. It is automatically awarded to the best candidates according to the points gained in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Tuition Fee: non-EU - 3600 EUR/year
EU citizens are exempt from tuition fees for this programme.
Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Master of Science in Engineering (MSc).
Programme graduates are distinguished by their versatility – the master programme provides a systematic knowledge of natural sciences creating thereby a broad and solid basis for lifelong learning. They can work in different research and development institutions, companies and services whose main activities are related to physics, mathematics, oceanography and/or meteorology or continue the studies in PhD level.
About this institute
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internationally high-level studies and research. At TalTech, we make real things and develop...
Want to know more about MSc in Applied Physics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...