BA in LawTallinn University of Technology
BA in Law
The programme is a classical law programme that teaches the basics of law and covering legal theory, private law, public law, and with a specialisation in EU law and international law. Based on personal interests, you can choose between many optional courses. Traditional branches of law like constitutional law, contract law, property law, criminal law, etc., are taught by comparative analysis of different states’ law s, with a strong emphasis on law and technology and law and business. At the end of the programme, you have to write and successfully defend your final thesis. The programme also entails an internship, and you can participate in international moot court competitions. Upon graduation, you will be awarded a Bachelor’s degree in law with a specialisation in EU and international law.
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA)
- Duration: 3 years
- Faculty: School of Business and Governance
- Study Load: 180 ECTS
- Mode of Study: Full-time study
- Faculty members include highly qualified legal academics, well-respected legal practitioners from international law firms, public officials, public prosecutors, trial lawyers and judges
- Student exchange with top European universities, such as Maastricht University and Turku University, and international summer schools
- Participation in international moot court competitions, research projects, and various networks, such as the European Law Faculties Association, and the International Association of Law Schools
- Access to the best legal online library in the region, and use of virtual studies to complement lectures and seminars
Applicants will need the following:
- Secondary school graduation certificate and transcript
- Motivation letter
- Online interview
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum outline (180 ECT CREDITS):
- General Studies (21 ECT credits)– covers compulsory courses such as Sustainable Development and Legal Aspects of Environmental Protection, IT foundations I and II, Statistics and Introduction to Entrepreneurship.
- EU and International Law (18 ECT credits)– covers compulsory courses such as EU Law, Comparative Private Law and International Private Law, Public International Law.
- Basic Law Subjects (33 ECT credits)– covers compulsory courses such as Comparative Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law, Introduction to Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure, Legal Syllogism and the General Part of Civil Law Systems, Introduction to Property Law and Intellectual Property Law, Foundations of European Contract Law.
- Legal Theory and Methods (12 ECT credits)– covers compulsory courses such as Foundations of Law and Legal Theory, Legal Research, Argumentation and Writing.
- Specific Courses of EU and International Law (30 ECT credits)– Data Protection Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, EU Internal Market and Competition Law, International Competition Law and Cyber Conflicts.
- Practical Law (6 ECT credits)– either Legal Internship or Moot Court participation.
- Optional Courses (42 ECT credits)– Legal Toolkit for Start-ups, Basics of Technology Law, Contract Negotiating and Drafting, Rights, Obligations and Liability of Actors on the Internet and Consumer Protection Law etc.
- Free electives (6 ECT credits) – students can choose from a wide variety of courses offered at the university.
- Graduation thesis (12 ECT credits)– individual legal research on a topic chosen by the student.
Scholarships & funding
A tuition fee waiver is a scholarship that grants free education based on the points gained in the course of admission. It is automatically awarded to the best candidates according to the points gained in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Tuition Fee: 3400 EUR/year for EU/EEA and non-EU
Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA).
After graduating, you will be a high-skilled specialist with a thorough understanding of the mechanisms and systems of national and international law, enabling you to navigate autonomously through those legal matters you will later focus on in your work.
The programme provides a firm foundation to continue studies in any kind of master ’s programme in law, especially in programmes taught in English and specialising in technology law or business law.
Our graduates are qualified to work in EU and international organisations and institutions, international companies and different law offices.
About this institute
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internationally high-level studies and research. At TalTech, we make real things and develop...
Want to know more about BA in Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...