About this program
BSc International Tourism Management
Do you want a role in an exciting and diverse industry which boasts fantastic career opportunities across the world? Are you looking for a degree that will make you stand out from your competition and help you develop the skills which are vital in a variety of environments, including the management of a tourism organisation?
As one of the largest and most rapidly growing industries in the world, tourism is influenced by – and has considerable impact on – a range of economic, political, technological, social, cultural and environmental factors. Your course will delve into these issues and help you develop the essential knowledge and transferable skills to make an impact in this industry, both locally and across the world.
With marketing, management and impacts at the heart of the course, you will undertake real-life cases that bring destinations to life. You will also experience local and overseas destinations through a variety of field-trips, designed to help you understand the complexities and requirements of managing a tourism destination or enterprise. For information on trips and costs associated with field trips see ‘Field Trips’ and ‘Additional Costs’ expanders below.
You will study key subjects focusing on design, management, marketing, entrepreneurship and planning to really help you hone in on what it is to succeed in the tourism sector. As well as specialising in tourism, this course will equip you with essential modules in business management, allowing you to develop a broader range of skills that will further ready you for a career in various tourism organisations, including small and large firms, the public sector and not-for-profits.
You can study on our Year Abroad variant, which is a four year degree including a year studying at one of our international partner institutions. Choosing this option allows you to develop your communication skills, enhance your cultural awareness and you can even gain proficiency in a foreign language prior to graduation.
Year in Industry
You can undertake our Year in Industry degree variant, which is a four year degree with a year’s work placement in a chosen industry. Gain real-world industry experience, network and collaborate with leading business thinkers, and practically apply your theoretical knowledge in the workplace.
Chat live with students from Swansea University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Swansea University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- Offers for programs in the School of Management are usually within the range of ‘ABB-BBB’ or equivalent.
- All applications are considered on an individual basis, with GCSE grades, AS Level subjects and grades, work experience, references and personal statement taken into account.
- Variable offers are made dependent on subjects studied.
- No A-level in Business, Economics, Maths or Accounting/Finance is required. We do not consider General Studies as an A-level subject for offer purposes. Students may combine A-levels with other qualifications below. GCSE Maths and English minimum C grade is also required.
- The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) IB of 32-33 or higher.
- The School of Management will make offers to students with predicted (or achieved) BTEC results of DDM or better.
- Non-native English speakers must achieve 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent tests.
Swansea University English Language Training
Swansea University's English Language Training services offer a variety of English courses including pre-sessionals, year round English, exam preparation and short courses. If you hold an offer from Swansea University you are able to take the Swansea English Language Test (SWELT) to fulfil your English language entry requirement. This is a 3 hour test which includes Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
For more information please visit the institute's website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Managing People
- Essential Analytic Skills for Business
- The Business of Tourism
- Personal Skills Development for Business
- Operations Management
- The Global Context of Organisation
- Tourism and Society
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Strategic Analysis
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism
- Visitor Experience Design and Management
- Entrepreneurship for Tourism Experiences
- Tourism in Practice
- Tourism Organisations
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Digital Marketing
- Organisational Behaviour
- Economic History and Industrial Development
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Global Business Environment: International Political Economy
- Critical Thinking in Entrepreneurship
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Human Resource Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- International Business
- Business Information Systems
- Economics for Business
Year 3 (Level 6)
- Final Year Project
- Sustainable Tourism
- Tourism Planning
- Marketing Places
- Tourism Futures
- Marketing Research
- International Human Resource Management
- Application Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Environmental Management for Business
- Marketing Communications
Scholarships & funding
International Excellence Scholarships are available to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. Other scholarships are available, please see our website for more information including eligibility criteria and closing dates.
The full tuition fee for UK students is £9,000. The tuition fees for international students vary, please see our website for more details
International Tourism Management Employment Opportunities
As an International Tourism Management graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any business locally and internationally.
Whether your target is British Airways, TUI Group, Marriott International or your own enterprise, this degree makes you a strong candidate for any potential employer. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Tourism Marketer, Manager or Planner
- Accommodation or Attraction Manager
- Destination Manager or Marketer
- Event Planner or Manager
- Outdoor Activity Provider
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1920 and just three hours from London by train, Swansea University is an established university with a long history of academic success, excellent facilities, and high standards of teaching. When students choose to study at Swansea University, they...
Want to know more about BSc International Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!