DBA in Sustainability ManagementSustainability Management School
DBA in Sustainability Management
The DBA – Doctorate of Business Administration has the same academic standing as a Ph.D. The DBA at SUMAS is a part-time professional doctoral degree designed to enhance professional practice through conducting original piece of research that generates new, actionable knowledge within the context of practice. It places emphasis on the application of sound theory and rigorous research into real and complex issues in business and management.The students are expected to undertake an independent and systematic investigation addressing issues relevant to organizations and management to enhance trans-disciplinary professional practice, in addition to a contribution to knowledge via the development and application of theoretical frameworks, methods, and techniques.The award of the DBA will be on the basis of successful completion of a final thesis of 30.000 words.
Examination of each participant’s thesis will involve a viva voce and an external assessor with expertize in the subject area of the dissertation work.
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Copy of Bachelor's and Master's Degree with official transcripts (if not originally in English)
- CV / Resumé indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school: TOEFL (minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or IELTS (minimum score of 6.0), or other Standardized English Placement Exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to the Sustainability Management School automatically, please enter SUMAS's TOEFL® Institutional Code number - 4629 when you take the test.
- Application fee CHF 200
- Essay of 3000 words stating your research interests, chosen research topic and motivations, theoretical framework as well as expected outcomes of research results
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
SUMAS was the first business school in the world to launch the BBA and MBA in Sustainability Management. SUMAS is a unique business school located between Geneva and Lausanne, Switzerland that offers innovative business programs integrated with state of the...
Want to know more about DBA in Sustainability Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.