International Degree in Geotechnics and FoundationsStructuralia
About this program
International Degree in Geotechnics and Foundations
In addition to delving into the traditional large blocks, the Master's also focuses on the aspect of numerical modeling in geotechnics, which is essential today to carry out responsibilities and functions in this field.
The Structuralia Master in Geotechnics and Foundations is a program that seeks to reinforce, increase and strengthen the knowledge and skills of professionals in the construction, geology and civil engineering sectors in Geotechnical Engineering. To do this, the program covers, in a total of nine modules, the main aspects related to this discipline. In addition to delving into the traditional large blocks, the Master's also focuses on the aspect of numerical modeling in geotechnics, which is essential today to carry out responsibilities and functions in this field.
In addition to providing the necessary theoretical framework, the Master will also allow students to carry out cases and practical exercises. At the end of the program, the completion of the Final Master's Project (TFM) will allow students to review and apply the most important knowledge acquired throughout it.
This program is instructed in Spanish only
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to geotechnics. Soil and rocks.
- Water on the ground. Effects on soils and rocks.
- Characterization and geotechnical reconnaissance of the terrain and instrumentation and auscultation.
- Mechanics of the continuous medium and constitutive models. Application to soils and rocks.
- Thrusts in the ground and earth retaining structures.
- Analysis and stability of slopes.
- Shallow foundations.
- Deep Foundations. Piles
- Numerical modeling in the field of geotechnics. Applications with Plaxis 2D.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the institute website for more information.
Full course price: €4,490
Credits: 60 ECTS
- Expand and strengthen the knowledge of students in the theory of soil and rock mechanics.
- Analyze and understand the effect of water on the ground and on structures.
- Delve into the constitutive models available to model the behavior of soils and rocks.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to carry out numerical modeling in geotechnics.
- Provide students with the tools and methodologies for calculating and dimensioning deep and shallow foundations, earth retaining structures and ground treatments, among other actions typical of geotechnical engineering.
- Provide the techniques to carry out optimal and efficient designs and dimensioning.
- Distinguish the different types of soils and rocks, know their fundamental properties and learn to identify them correctly.
- Know in detail the different types of in-situ and laboratory tests to characterize the terrain.
Message the school
About this institute
Structuralia is a specialized engineering, infrastructure, energy, building and new technology graduate education school with the strong conviction that continuous quality training is vital for the professional development of engineers and architects. Structuralia was founded in 2001, and since then,...
Why study at Structuralia
At Structuralia, we are experts in specialized online graduate education with over 20 years of experience in training STEM professionals. Since our foundation in 2001, we have supported more than 115, 000 international students, mostly engineers, from up to 52 countries, to boost their professional careers.
We welcome students from the Caribbean region to join our community by pursuing our Master’s degrees. Our programs are fully adapted to the ever changing professional reality and demands in the fields of engineering, architecture, new technologies and digital transformation.
Want to know more about International Degree in Geotechnics and Foundations? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!