About this program
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (English)
Energy models are changing, and the emerging initiatives are settling upon the pillars of energy efficiency and renewable energies. Therefore, this Master’s program has been designed to integrate the main aspects of energy efficiency and the incorporation of renewable energies in engineering projects such as buildings and installations for fossil source replacement, or electric energy production and its direct injection into the net. The program has been subdivided into 2 major sections:
The first section includes the key energy efficiency and renewable energy aspects as applied in construction and industry.
The second section includes a technical-economic analysis of the main renewable energy sources such as solar, geothermal energy or biomass.
Module I: Building Energy Management
- Unit 1 The Energy Context
- Unit 2 New Constructions. The Spanish Technical Construction Code (CTE) and the Energy Efficiency Certification (CEE)
- Unit 3 Existing Buildings
- Unit 4. Energy Efficiency Certification for Existing Buildings
Module II: Building Energy Systems: HVAC and DHW
- Unit 1 HVAC System with Conventional Equipment
- Unit 2 Aerothermal and Geothermal Systems
- Unit 3 Ventilation Systems
- Unit 4 DHW
Module III: Building Energy Systems: Lighting and BMS
- Unit 1 Lighting Systems
- Unit 2 Control and Management Systems 1
- Unit 3 Control and Management Systems 2
- Unit 4 Energy Management and Markets
Module IV: Integration of Renewable Energies in Buildings
- Unit 1 Solar Thermal Energy
- Unit 2 Photovoltaics
- Unit 3 Small Wind Turbine Energy
- Unit 4 Biomass Energy
Module V: Energy Efficiency in the Industry Sector
- Unit 1. Current Energy Situation
- Unit 2. The Energy Manager
- Unit 3. The Energy Audit in the Industry Sector
- Unit 4. Energy Systems in the Industry and Energy Saving Solutions
Module VI: Solar Energy
- Unit 1. Solar Energy
- Unit 2: The Photovoltaic Cell
- Unit 3: The Photovoltaic Module
- Unit 4: The Photovoltaic System
Module VII: Wind Energy
- Unit 1: Physical and Meteorological Concepts
- Unit 2: Wind Turbine Technology and Wind Data Analysis
- Unit 3: Micrositing Study through an Electric Power Production Computational Model
- Unit 4: Wind Farm Design
Module VIII: BIOENERGY
- Unit 1. Biomass
- Unit 2. Biofuel
- Unit 3. Waste
- Unit 4. Renewable gases
Module IX: Other Renewable Energies
- Unit 1. Geothermal
- Unit 2. Marine energies
- Unit 3. Hydraulics
Module X: Master's Final Project (MFP)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: 6.490,00 €
Credits: 60 ECTS
Message the school
About this institute
Structuralia is a specialized engineering, infrastructure, energy, building and new technology graduate education school with the strong conviction that continuous quality training is vital for the professional development of engineers and architects. Structuralia was founded in 2001, and since then,...
Why study at Structuralia
At Structuralia, we are experts in specialized online graduate education with over 20 years of experience in training STEM professionals. Since our foundation in 2001, we have supported more than 115, 000 international students, mostly engineers, from up to 52 countries, to boost their professional careers.
We welcome students from the Caribbean region to join our community by pursuing our Master’s degrees. Our programs are fully adapted to the ever changing professional reality and demands in the fields of engineering, architecture, new technologies and digital transformation.
Want to know more about Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (English)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...