About this program
Disaster Risk Management and Climate Governance (English)
This Master’s degree has been designed to provide professionals from different disciplines with the necessary knowledge and skills for applied research and for the management of means and tools that can be used in the fields of Disaster Risk Management and climate governance. According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), climate governance is related to mechanisms and voluntary measures destined to run social systems towards prevention, mitigation or adaptation to the risks caused by climate change (Jagers and Steripple, IPCC glossary). Therefore, acquiring knowledge and skills in this subject is highly relevant in a world more and more exposed to climate-related phenomena. The main groups of interest include engineers, architects, experts on Earth science, economic science, social science, environmental science, ecologists, sociologists, biologists, hydrologists, educators, geographers and other professionals interested in developing their competences in risk management and climate governance.
Module I: Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change. Concepts and Context
- Unit 1: Risk Management and Climate Change Management
- Unit 2: Disaster Risk and Climate Change
- Unit 3: A Systemic Approach to Risk Management and Climate Change Management
- Unit 4: Approach to Actions and Strategies for Comprehensive Disaster Risk and Climate Change Management
Module II: Prospective and Corrective Risk Management
- Unit 1: Context and Conceptualization of Risk Awareness towards Its Prospective and Corrective Management
- Unit 2: Prospective and Corrective Management. Risk Assessment
- Unit 3: Reducing Risks through Prospective Interventions
- Unit 4: Reducing Risks through Corrective Interventions
Module III: Climate Variability and Climate Change
- Unit 1: The Climate System
- Unit 2: Weather, Climate and Climate Change
- Unit 3: Climate Change
- Unit 4: Vulnerability Analysis and Climate Change Risk (CCR)
Module IV: ICT and GIS Applications in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change
- Unit 1: Introduction to IT, GIS, GPS, DB, and Telecom
- Unit 2: Basic Tools to Collect Geolocalized Data in a Database
- Unit 3: QGIS Desktop Tool and the Creation of Web Geoservices with GeoServer
- Unit 4: Creating Maps. Layers, Cartography, Cadastre, Census and GIS Analysis to Obtain Hazard, Vulnerability and Risk Maps
Module V: Disaster Risk Financial Protection and Climate Finance
- Unit 1: Context and Conceptualization of Disaster Risk Financial Protection and Climate Finance
- Unit 2: Disaster Risk Financial Protection in Public Investment
- Unit 3: Disaster Risk Financial Protection in Private Investment
- Unit 4: Climate Finance
Module VI: Disaster Management and Recovery
- Unit 1: Context and Concepts of Development-Oriented Disaster Management and Recovery
- Unit 2: Disaster Management and Recovery Planning
- Unit 3: Information Management and Response and Recovery Assessments
- Unit 4: Disaster Management and Development Oriented Recovery Strategies and Instruments
Module VII: Climate Governance
- Unit 1: Why Is Climate Governance Necessary?
- Unit 2: Governance: Countries, Cities and Communities
- Unit 3: Strategic Sector Governance
- Unit 4: Capacities and Challenges of Climate Governance
Module VIII: Global Warming Mitigation Tools
- Unit 1: The Close Link between Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and Global Warming (GW)
- Unit 2: International Mitigation Mechanisms
- Unit 3: Sectoral Mitigation Strategies
- Unit 4: Mitigation Benefit and Opportunities
Module IX: Climate Change Adaptation Tools
- Unit 1: Climate Change Foreseeable Risks. Analysis and Vulnerability
- Unit 2: Climate Change Adaptation
- Unit 3: International Adaptation Experience
- Unit 4: Adaptive Sectoral Strategies
Module X: Master’s Final Project (MFP)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: 6.490,00 €
Credits: 60 ECTS
Message the school
About this institute
Structuralia is a specialized engineering, infrastructure, energy, building and new technology graduate education school with the strong conviction that continuous quality training is vital for the professional development of engineers and architects. Structuralia was founded in 2001, and since then,...
Why study at Structuralia
At Structuralia, we are experts in specialized online graduate education with over 20 years of experience in training STEM professionals. Since our foundation in 2001, we have supported more than 115, 000 international students, mostly engineers, from up to 52 countries, to boost their professional careers.
We welcome students from the Caribbean region to join our community by pursuing our Master’s degrees. Our programs are fully adapted to the ever changing professional reality and demands in the fields of engineering, architecture, new technologies and digital transformation.
Want to know more about Disaster Risk Management and Climate Governance (English)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...