Bachelor Program in Retail Management
The BSc Program in Retail Management (180 ECTS credits) is a specialized education focused on retail. Please note that the program is fully taught in English.
From day one, the Retail Management Program is specialized on retailing, while also containing the same content students normally receive at all business schools, including, economics, marketing, accounting, management, strategy, etc. Many courses are adjusted to provide both general and retail-specific content.
All teaching is conducted in English. During the first two years, a semester at the Retail Management program typically includes four to five courses. During the third year, students take fewer courses but write two larger reports, a company project within the Applied Retail Track and their Bachelor thesis. The activities in the Applied Retail Track and the Antonia Ax:son Johnson Tutorial run in parallel with the classroom courses over three years.
Chat live with students from SSE
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Stockholm School of Economics? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
I don't have Swedish Proficiency / Swedish in my High School Diploma
The following application materials are required:
- Upper secondary diploma, including
- At least Mathematics 3b or 3c (high grade is favored)
- At least English 6 or equivalent (high grade is favored). If you lack the requirement of English 6 in your highschool diploma, we accept the following tests, approved by University Admissions:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments
- Pearson PTE Academic
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
- English language test exemption: upper secondary school diploma conducted completely in English
- Grade point average corresponding 17.0 in the Swedish upper secondary system or IB average of 34
- Students in their last year of high school are welcome to apply and must upload a study plan including predicted grades in the application. A limited number of Conditional admissions will be offered to students graduating in 2021, who must complete with final grades and documents no later than by enrolment, August, 2021.
- All students graduating in 2021 must upload a study plan including predicted grades in the application
I have Swedish Proficiency / Swedish in my High School Diploma:
Please visit the website for more information.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Retailing
- Economics I
- Supply Chain Management
- Management Control
- Economics II
- Data Analytics: Statistics for Retail Management
- Management & Organization
- Business Law
- Retail Accounting and Financial Management
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Communications
- Shopper Marketing
- Sales and Service Management
- Retail Buying & Merchandising
- Current Issues in Retailing
- Operations Strategy
- Retail Management Control
- Brand and Category Management
- Innovation Strategy
- Degree Project
Applied Retail Track runs during all semesters.
Scholarships & funding
Scholarships for non-EU students are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
100 000 SEK / year
Citizens of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland are not required to pay tuition fees.
The degree will qualify you to apply for certain specializations within Master programs at SSE or a Master program at another college or university in Sweden or abroad.
Students who have completed the BSc Program in Retail Management work in a variety of industries and fields. They are for example:
- Category Managers
- Merchandise Managers
- Key Account Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Developers
- Management Consultants
- Business Controllers
- Marketing Managers
- Customer Insight Analysts
Retail knowledge is not only in demand in the traditional retail sector. After your education, your skills will also be applicable to working in the manufacturing or service sector, or working as a brand, product or expansion manager. You will also be qualified to work in any business that increasingly invests in stores, such as banks, insurance companies, automotive companies, and mobile operators, the choices are many.
About this institute
Stockholm School of Economics
The Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) is a private university that has education talented women and men for leading positions within the business community and public sector since 1909. SSE is rated as the top business school in the Nordic...
Want to know more about Bachelor Program in Retail Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Kent, United States of America