Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor in Media and Entertainment ManagementNHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
Study media & entertainment management at Stenden
The Bachelors in Media and Entertainment Management at Stenden University offers an education for students who are interested in becoming international media managers. This internationally-focused programme includes all media sectors, from audiovisual to print, music to new media.
There are several phases to Stenden's 4-year Bachelors in Media and Entertainment Management:
- Foundation Phase: the 1st year is an introduction to the basic principles of media and entertainment and includes courses in the market, the role of media, and different types of media; management skills are also developed through marketing, organizational studies and business economics; knowledge of four media productions - an audiovisual production, a print media production, a music production and a new media production - are also acquired
- Main Phase: in the 2nd year, students come to understand the financial and operational factors of a media business; also study imagineering, experience marketing, concept development, and brand management; develop knowledge of the complete media management process, from the original idea to execution; during the 3rd year, students concentrate on the strategic aspects of management and choose a minor; students also have the opportunity to study abroad this year
- Graduation Phase: students focus on their specialization; also complete a 42-week internship within the industry, and write a graduate thesis
Upon completion of the Bachelors in Media and Entertainment Management, graduates have an excellent education as a foundation for a successful career. The media and entertainment industry is in urgent need for media professionals, so there are a number of career options available now. Careers may be the management of or consulting within the media and entertainment sector, possibly for a publisher, broadcasting company, or entertainment company.
To apply for a Bachelor program Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognizes the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Five GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes plus two ‘A’ level passes
- Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree
- All non-EER applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EER students are the same as for Dutch students. Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts three kinds of official language tests: IELTS, TOEFL and the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
Degree & diploma
Tuition & fees
Tuition fees for the Bachelors in Media and Entertainment Management at Stenden University in the Netherlands are:
- € 7,900 for Non-EU students
- € 2,006 for EU students
Always dreamed of a career in media and entertainment? Get ready to dive into the world of media, watch this video to learn more!
NHL Stenden offers a wide range of English-taught Associate, Bachelor and Master Programmes. These programmes are offered in the fields of Business and Management, Creative Business and IT and Social Work and Education. NHL Stenden University prides itself on the...