Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Bachelor in International Business & LanguagesStenden University of Applied Sciences
Description of Bachelor in International Business & Languages
Study business & languages at Stenden
The Bachelors Degree in International Business & Languages at Stenden University is a unique education programme which combines instruction in modern languages with business, preparing students to become international business managers.
The 4-year curriculum of the Bachelors Degree in International Business & Languages consists of two phases:
- Foundation Phase: this is the first year of study, and includes the study of 3 modern languages (English, French, Spanish) as well as business subjects such as management and organization
- Main Stage: this stage makes up the remaining 3 years of the bachelors degree, and is made up of courses such as Public Relations, Information Science & Law, and Cross Cultural Management; students also delve deeper into their 3 modern languages; this phase implements thematic teaching - the practical implementation of study - through work in small groups
Within the Bachelor in International Business & Languages, students are required to study abroad for 1 semester, and are encouraged to complete their internship abroad. Students may also choose a variant education option called the European Entrepreneurship, in which 2 years are spent studying abroad at 4 different European schools. This education is an ideal preparation for building an international network and career.
Upon completion of the Bachelors Degree in International Business & Languages, graduates are well-prepared to pursue careers in a variety of sectors, such as international industry, communications industry or non-profit organizations. Positions may be as an export manager, marketer, external affairs staff, account, or communications officer / manager.
To apply for a Bachelor program Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognizes the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Five GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes plus two ‘A’ level passes
- Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree
- All non-EER applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EER students are the same as for Dutch students. Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts three kinds of official language tests: IELTS, TOEFL and the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
Degree & diploma
Upon completion of Stenden's Bachelors Degree in International Business & Languages, students earn a Bachelor of Commerce.
Tuition & fees
Tuition fees for the Bachelors Degree in International Business & Languages at Stenden University in the Netherlands are:
- € 7,600 for Non-EU students
- € 1,984 for Dutch an EU students
What makes Stenden University so special? It all starts with you. Watch this video to learn about the international programs at Stenden University of Applied Sciences.
Stenden University of Applied Sciences
Welcome to Stenden University of Applied Sciences!
Stenden University of Applied Sciences is a practice-based university that prides itself with its international atmosphere. The international environment encompasses the institution as a whole, its campus sites abroad, a vast variety of English-taught study programmes, worldwide internship opportunities and...