Summer course in Principles of Economics
This Summer / Short course from Stanford University Summer Session is an introductory program in economics. We will cover both microeconomics (investigating decisions by individuals and firms) and macroeconomics (examining the economy as a whole). The primary goal is to develop and then build on your understanding of the analytical tools and approaches used by economists. This will help you to interpret economic news and economic data at a much deeper level while also forming your own opinions on economic issues. The course will also provide a strong foundation for those of you who want to continue on with intermediate microeconomics and/or intermediate macroeconomics and possibly beyond.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the Summer / Short course
- Have graduated from high school or secondary school or equivalent
- Have graduated or have completed your requirements from your university or post-secondary institution
- Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency below
- Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (iBT TOEFL) Minimum score of 95 for the iBT TOEFL, International English Language Testing System: Academic (IELTS: Academic) Minimum overall band score of 7.0, or Cambridge Assessment English Minimum score of 180 on the Cambridge English Advanced, CEFR Level C1
- Grading Basis:Letter Grade or Credit/No Credit
- Intensive Studies:This course is offered as part of theInternational ManagementIntensive only for high school students. Undergraduate and graduate students must select a different course in order to satisfy the Intensive requirements. See theIntensive Studiespage for more information on how to receive an official Document of Completion.
Stanford University Summer Session invites visiting undergraduate, graduate, and high school students to experience Stanford University during its fourth academic quarter. During the eight-week course, Summer Session students are enrolled in the same courses as matriculated Stanford students, and earn...
Want to know more about Summer course in Principles of Economics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.