Animation 2D/3DSt. Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
All available course dates
About this program
Do you dream in 3D or doodle characters for video games or cartoons? If so, you are a budding animator, and St. Clair Colleges Animation 2D/3D program is the right choice for you! This program will give you the skills, discipline and confidence you need to become a sought-after animation artist. Students learn a blend of traditional techniques with the use of cutting-edge industry software. Graduates are able to animate and bring artwork to life through designing and animating characters and environments for traditional 2D and 3D projects for a variety of mediums including television, film and video games. Students also learn to become proficient with digital image manipulation, digital video editing, compositing and file management.
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
- English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL iBT 78 with no band lower than 20, or PBT score of 550, or CBT score of 213 / IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, Duolingo score of 100.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Life Drawing I
- Introduction to Animation Fundamentals
- Experimental Animation Technique
- Animation History
- Introduction to Digital Media
- Literature: Short Exposition
- Animation I
- Character & Background
- Life Drawing II
- Computer Animation I
- Film Design
- Animation II
- Life Drawing III
- Computer Animation II
- Concept Development
- Animation III
- Life Drawing IV
- Computer Animation III
- Modeling I
- Lighting and Rendering I
- Animation IV
- Life Drawing V
- Computer Animation IV
- Modelling II
- Lighting & Rendering II
- Animation V
- Life Drawing VI
- Computer Animation V
- Modelling III
- Lighting and Rendering III
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the institute website
- Total Tuition Fee for Domestic Students: $4,713.31
- Total Tuition Fee for International Students: $15,410.76
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Design, create and animate objects and characters with naturalistic and expressive movements and poses.
- Design and create hand-drawn and/or computer-generated drawings using principles of art, design and composition.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technologies for the development of animation projects.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of animation projects.
- Plan, develop and execute a series of effective and believable animation sequences.
- Create and enhance the production of animation sequences and projects using a variety of principles and techniques related to cinematography and art direction.
- Use storytelling skills to create and enhance the development and execution of animation sequences.
- Use performance theory and skills to create and enhance animation.
- Design and produce layouts using perspective, composition and colour theory to enhance visual presentation and mood.
- Present and defend a visual concept to a target audience.
- Use computer skills and appropriate digital asset management techniques to function effectively within a production pipeline.
- Develop, assemble and present a demo reel or portfolio in a manner that meets current industry expectations, and highlights ones creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and related technologies.
There are job opportunities creating both 2D and 3D animation, models, textures and other assets for feature films, television productions, video games and the web. Skills learned in this program could also be applied to finding work in character design, storyboarding or as concept artists.
About this institute
St. Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
St. Clair College is the place to start your journey in pursuit of your career and lifelong learning. It's where you will learn new things, expand your mind, create lasting friendships, experience college life, and most importantly, get the skills...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Riverside, United States of America
Diploma / certificate
Diploma / certificate