MSc Sustainable Building DesignSolent University
MSc Sustainable Building Design
All available course dates
MSc Sustainable Building Design
Throughout the course, you’ll be encouraged to develop a holistic approach to reducing the carbon footprint created by buildings. Learning is centred around social, economic, and environmental aspects of design, otherwise known as the three pillars of sustainability. The curriculum introduces the essential academic theory that underpins each of these areas and explores the technical tools required to successfully plan performance-based building projects.
This course also offered in part time.
Solent’s postgraduate sustainable building design program is ideally suited to candidates from a wide range of related disciplines.
The curriculum is designed to be creative and inclusive, providing students with the opportunity to undertake a dissertation of a technical nature, or a design-based piece of final major project work.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS 6.5 with no component score below 5.5
- TOEFL IBT 92 with minimum of 22 in writing and a minimum of 19 in reading, listening and speaking
- Duolingo English Language Test - 110 overall with minimum 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Core Units
- Sustainable and Intelligent Building Design
- BIM Frameworks
- Sustainable Building Assessment
- Integrated Project
- Research Methods
- Project Management
- Work-Based Project Management
- Research Dissertation
- Design Project
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £8,700
- International fees: £14,300
- UK and Channel Island fees: £4,350 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
The course could also open the door for further research opportunities at PhD level.
Students on MSc Sustainable Building Design at Solent University are given opportunities to work on live briefs to support their learning and professional development.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about MSc Sustainable Building Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic