MA Visual Communication
This intensive master’s degree helps students to improve their creative skills and build a solid understanding of visual communications theory. The curriculum covers the latest innovations in visual practice, examining the way technological and cultural changes contributed to contemporary academic thinking.
This course also offered in part time.
Aimed at those with a relevant honors degree, or with extensive experience in marketing, design or digital fields, this master’s degree is well-suited to those who are looking to develop their career into art direction, web design, publishing or branding.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in reading, listening and speaking
- TOEFL IBT 92 with minimum of 22 in writing and a minimum of 19 in reading, listening and speaking
- Duolingo English Language Test - 110 overall with minimum 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Visual Communication Practice
- Digital Media
- Professional Practice
- Master’s Project
- Masters Project Development and Proposal
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £7,600
- International fees: £13,700
- UK and Channel Island fees: £3,800 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Design consultancy
- Publishing industry
- Advertising – agency side
- Multidisciplinary design
- Web design
- Film and multimedia
- Freelance practice
- App design.
Hear from recent MA graduates Karina and Charlotte, talking about their experiences and how studies at postgraduate level differ from undergraduate.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about MA Visual Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...