About this program
MA Human Resource Management
In today's workplace, HR professionals must tackle many different employment issues. Solent University’s postgraduate human resource management program offers students an in-depth understanding of HR management functions and the business contexts that underpin them.
Students will find out how professional development can contribute to enhanced performance within an organization; how internal and external factors can affect success, and how people are managed within contemporary businesses.
This CIPD-accredited course is well-suited to graduates with a related degree, or those with professional HR management experience.
The course content is ideally suited to HR professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of developing people within their organization, and improve their own management skills.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS 6.0 with no component score below 5.5
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research Methods and Dissertation
- Human Resource Management in Context
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Professional Development 1 – Developing Skills for Business Leadership
- Professional Development 2 – Investigating a Business Issue
Option units, for example:
- Learning and Development
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Managing Employment Relations
- Employment Law
- Understanding and Implementing Coaching and Mentoring
- Employee Engagement
- Organization Design and Organization Development
- Performance Management
- Reward Management
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £8,700
- International full-time fees: £14,300
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Suitable roles for graduates of this course include:
- Specialist or generalist human resources with learning and development functions
- Management consultancy
- Line management positions
Message the school
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about MA Human Resource Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Pretoria, South Africa
Pretoria, South Africa