About this program
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Therapy
This dynamic sport and exercise therapy degree will help provide you with the essential professional skills and musculoskeletal expertise you will need to secure an exciting career working with athletes, sports teams and more. The scope of practice is not limited to sporting injuries alone; we treat all musculoskeletal injuries including chronic and work-related injuries.
We utilise the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to ensure that you can return your patients to their previous levels of training, competition and where applicable, work.
This popular course is well-suited to those interested in how the body works, and how this applies in a sporting context.
The practical elements of the course will appeal to those looking to gain hands-on experience in dealing with the treatment of sporting injuries, as well as prevention and rehabilitation.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Functional Human Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Sports Massage and Soft Tissue Interventions
- Clinical Pathophysiology for Sports Therapists
- Sports Coaching and Fitness Instruction
- Research Methods for Sport Performance
- Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation
- Spinal Assessment and Mobilisation
- Upper Limb Sports Injuries and Assessment
- Physiological Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sport and Exercise Biomechanics
- Applied Research and Study Design in Sports Performance
- Applied Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation
- Sports Trauma and Applied Clinical Practice
- Peripheral Joint Mobilisations
- Sport and Exercise Therapy Placement
- Independent Project
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Message the school
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Therapy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!