BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
Do you have a passion for programming? Want to study a degree that can lead to a varied career in the IT industry? Solent’s software engineering programme offers a broad range of technical computing skills across a range of areas, preparing you for a fantastic career in the software engineering industry upon graduation.
In the first year of study you will cover a range of topics including coding, software testing, networking and security, algorithms and databases. You will also be supported to develop academic skills in writing and research, which will aid your learning throughout the course. These base-line topics will lead into more advanced areas of development in the second year, which include an introduction to artificial intelligence and mobile application development.
This course is perfect for lovers of programming who wish to learn how to apply engineering techniques to software development for databases, websites and mobile devices and using a number of technologies.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Problem Solving though Programming
- Introduction to Networks and Security
- Data Structures, Algorithms and Mathematics
- Introduction to Databases
- Software Testing and Reliability Engineering
- Web Technologies
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Web Application Development
- Advanced Database Systems
- Research Methods Project
- Object Oriented Design and Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Dissertation Project
- Industrial Consulting Project
- Immersive Technologies
- Advanced Mobile Development and 3D
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK and EU full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,260 per year
- UK and EU placement year fees: £1,385
- International placement year fees: £1,800
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Solent’s Software Engineering degree will prepare you for a wide range of graduate level employment opportunities. Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Software engineer
- App developer
- Web developer
- Full-stack developer
- Front-end developer
- Back-end developer
- Systems engineer
- IT sales
Got a passion for digital? Whatever your specialism - business IT, game development, software engineering, games art or website design - our accredited courses can equip you with the technical skills and creative confidence that employers are looking for.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Software Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America