BSc (Hons) Construction Management
Solent’s Construction Management degree has been running for over 20 years. Led by qualified professionals with extensive industry experience, you’ll learn both the technology of building, as well as process management. You’ll get to grips with the economic aspects of a project and the industry’s legal framework, while extensive industry involvement ensures you experience the most up-to-date technology and management techniques available.
This course also offered in part time and distance learning.
This course is well-suited to those who wish to pursue a career in the construction industry. The course focuses on the management of construction projects and will appeal to those who wish to work in construction project management, site management or quantity surveying upon graduation.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Principles of Construction Management
- Technology of Buildings
- Construction Science and Materials
- Construction Innovation
- Legal and Statutory Requirements
- Construction Practice
- Economics and Financial Management
- Construction Management
- Technology of Complex Buildings
- Maintenance of Buildings and Services
- Preconstruction Management
- Quantity Surveying Practice
Please note: Not all optional units are guaranteed to run each year.
- Building Production & Value Engineering
- Contracts Management
- Project Evaluation and Development
- Research Project
- Strategic Construction Management
- Commercial Management
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £9,250
- International fees: £13,800
- UK and Channel Island fees: £4,625 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Construction/project manager
- Site manager
- Quantity surveyor
- Building control surveyor
- Facilities manager.
Contribute to a world that never stands still. Learn to design, refine and manage built environment projects on our inspiring architectural design and construction courses.
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Construction Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Bloemfontein, South Africa
San Diego, United States of America