BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
With a broad curriculum covering everything from analogue and digital electronics to contemporary embedded systems, signal processing technologies and modern communications, graduates can expect to seek employment in research and development, maintenance engineering, electronic design, telecommunications and much more.
This course also offered in part time.
This course is perfect for electronics enthusiasts who wish to combine their knowledge with engineering skills to be able to pursue a career in areas such as electronic design, telecommunications, microcomputers or research and development.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Mathematics
- Introduction to Electronics
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Manufacturing Principles
- Microprocessor Systems
- Professional Engineering Skills
- Applied Maths for Electronics
- Electronic Circuits
- Embedded Systems
- Data Communications and Networks
- Automation and Control
- Competition and Contracts in Engineering
- Electronic Circuit Design
- Digital Signal Processing
- Radio Systems
- Final-Year Project
- Business Strategy
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island fees: £9,250
- International fees: £13,800
- UK and Channel Island fees: £4,625 per year
- International and EU fees: Students from outside the UK are usually unable to obtain a visa for part-time study.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Research and development
- Maintenance engineering
- Manufacturing automation
- Project management (defence procurement).
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America