About this program
BA (Hons) Media Production
Solent’s media production degree is the ideal way to sharpen your content creation skills and become the multi-skilled media professional that industry employers are looking for. Our forward-looking course is underpinned by the distinct strands of video, audio, photography and online. But be prepared to move far beyond film, television, radio, and the still image as you know them: our cutting-edge curriculum embraces emerging media practices to help you tell your stories in new and increasingly immersive ways. With industry-standard facilities, a highly experienced teaching team, and an emphasis on real-world learning, our graduates are perfectly placed to pursue hands-on work in media content creation in photography, video production, podcasting and social media marketing.
Solent’s media production program is well-suited to students from a range of academic backgrounds with interests in media content creation, social media, video production, podcasting and photography. Candidates should be keen to build a portfolio of practical work and be comfortable working with new technology.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 100 overall with minimum of 90 in each component
- or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Producing: Selling Stories
- Audio: Live Stories
- Photography: Stills and Stories
- Creating Your Brand
- Post-Production: Editing Stories
- Video Production: Stories for Clients
- Your Brand Online
- Documentary Video Production
- Photographing Communities
- Producing for Online Platforms
- Social Media Marketing
- Drama Production: Managing Projects
Please note: Not all optional units are guaranteed to run each year.
- Final Major Project (40 credits)
- Media Work
- Producing for Social Media
- Future Stories
- Media Events
- Contemporary Photographic Practice
- Mobile Audio Storytelling
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the university website.
- UK, EU and Channel Island full-time fees: £9,250 per year
- International full-time fees: £13,800 per year
After successfully completing your studies, there's an opportunity to continue your studies at Solent.
Previous graduates have been employed as:
- Web developer
- Media officer
- Creative director
- Digital marketing
- Marketing coordinator
- Production coordinator
- Video producer
- Fashion media producer
- Production assistant
- Content developer
- Social media marketing coordinator
Message the school
About this institute
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Media Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Belfast, Northern Ireland
High Wycombe, England
High Wycombe, England
Bowling Green, United States of America