Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions.
We’re focused on the practical side of higher education – giving our students the connections, experience and confidence to turn their newfound knowledge into a career with real, meaningful impact. Whoever you are, whatever your goals, we want to help you make your mark.
At Solent, our aim is to deliver innovative, inclusive and intellectually stimulating teaching, to develop self-confident and highly employable graduates.
We are dedicated to the pursuit of university education that enables learners from all backgrounds to become enterprising citizens and responsible leaders. We are committed to promoting economic and social prosperity for the communities we serve.
Put simply - we want Solent graduates to be the passionate, creative professionals of the future, bringing expertise and energy into their communities and workplaces.
All our courses are designed with employability in mind, which makes industry-based learning a priority.
We make the most of partnerships with local businesses and organisations to offer students the most relevant experience that will provide the necessary skills for their future career. Notable partners include Southampton FC, ABP Southampton Marathon, B&Q and Carnival.
Scholarships & funding
Solent University offers a wide range of grants, bursaries and scholarships to different groups of students. Whether it's discounts on tuition fees or non-repayable cash awards - your wallet will be glad you took a look. Scholarships are based on merit, with awards for UK and international students. We also offer sports scholarships to athletes competing in a variety of sports at national and international level. Please visit the institution's website for further details about scholarships.
Take a trip around our industry-leading facilities.
Why study at Solent University
Everything we do at Solent is focused on you – your learning, your life, your career. We offer all of the skills, knowledge, and practical experience you’ll need – all the things employers are looking for. So, when you graduate, you’ll already feel like a professional.
- Solent’s top areas of research and expertise are the creative and cultural industries, maritime and the environment, and sport, health and wellbeing.
- Gain work experience with our in-house innovative student enterprises in retail, design and web, TV, music and radio production and event management.
- Our lively student community is home to over 100 different nationalities – giving our campus and our classrooms a diverse, multicultural feel.
Solent University is in the Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Awards & Accreditations
shortlisted for university of the year
Times Higher Education Awards (2019)
4 stars overall, 5 stars for employability, facilities, inclusiveness, internationalisation and teaching
QS World University Rankings (2019)
tef silver award
Teaching Excellence Framework (2018)
top 25 universities in the UK for student voice, academic support and learning community
National Student Survey (2020)
4th in the sector for graduate start-ups
Student services & facilities
- Solent Futures, our careers service, links with 3,000 employers offering a wide range of local part-time jobs plus other work and volunteering opportunities.
- Our Customer Service Excellence award-winning library is open 24 hours a day during peak periods.
- Our International Team supports you, throughout your student experience from arrival to graduation, with advice and help on visas, finance, life in the UK, etc.
- Access Solent is a disability service that aims to remove barriers to learning.
- Join a student society, join a sports team – or join a dozen – and discover something new to love.
Our city-centre campus gives you easy access to Southampton’s shops, culture, diversity, and sport. Southampton is a vibrant and modern city just over an hour away from London - and one of the south coast's biggest and brightest cities. Plus, our new on-campus sports complex is perfect for a quick gym session between lectures.
For more details about campuses, please visit the institution's website.
- Southampton is packed full of international dining options and offers a varied selection of cafés, restaurants, pubs and bars across the city. Southampton’s thriving local music scene includes small and indie venues like the legendary Joiners, as well as mega-club Oceana – and everything in-between.
- Premier League football, county or international cricket, plus water sports on the Solent, made world-famous for sailing during the 2012 Olympics.
- Southampton is also home to the South Coast’s biggest theatre – with all the big West End tours – plus city-centre theatres and art galleries. Also, the University has its own Dolby-surround sound 3D cinema showing some of the latest blockbuster films.
- Solent offers over 60 societies and sports clubs from music to fashion and sailing to hockey. Don’t fancy one of them? Create your own!
- Become part of student media – the eyes, ears and mouth of the student body, who help to bind the student community together.
- Solent offers social events and volunteering opportunities in the community and in the running of the Students' Union itself.
Student accommodation is more than just a roof over your head – the place you live can have a real impact on how well you settle into university life. Our dedicated accommodation service is here to make sure that every Solent student is happy and safe within their home.
- Accommodation is guaranteed to full-time first-year applicants of all nationalities who apply by the deadline.
- Over 1,200 self-catering single study bedrooms across 5 modern, purpose-built residences close to the university and city.
- Rent includes all utility costs, super-fast broadband in all bedrooms and communal areas, and personal possessions insurance.
- If you would rather live in a private house or flat in the city, the university has an accredited housing scheme.
- University accommodation is also available to second and third-year full-time undergraduates.
For more information about accommodations, please visit the institution's website.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!