Special Education, Learning Disabilities, B.A. for K-12 Teacher CertificationSiena Heights University
About this program
Special Education, Learning Disabilities, B.A. for K-12 Teacher Certification
The primary goal of the Special Education program is to develop self-confident, inquisitive, and thoughtful educators who are grounded in the breadth and depth of Learning Disabilities and Cognitive Impairments.
The philosophy of the Special Education program is based on beliefs that influence the nature and content of instructional offerings. Emphasis is placed on incorporating practical application with theoretical discussion and legal/ethical aspects of facilitating learning of children with disabilities.
The philosophy of the endorsement program of Learning Disabilities is based on beliefs that influence the nature and content of instructional offerings. Beliefs related to this program are:
- All exceptional children and adults can benefit from educational programs.
- All facets of learning must be addressed: academic subjects as well as social skills and study skills.
- Education for persons with a learning disability should begin as early as possible and continue as long as needed. Attention should be paid to the periods of transition.
- Exceptional individuals have the right to be placed in the educational setting that is least restrictive. Consulting teachers, resource programs, and inclusive settings can be alternatives for most children with learning disabilities.
- Special educators are a resource to the educational community. Through their knowledge and skills, special educators provide both direct service to exceptional children and supportive services to other persons, both professional and lay, who are responsible for teaching exceptional children.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in college transfer coursework including official transcripts.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute university.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Special Education
- Procedures in Special Education
- Parent-School Partnership: Special Education
- Assessment and Evaluation of Students with Disabilities
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Collaboration in Special Education
- Strategies for Teaching Reading to Students W/ Learning Disabilities
- Culture and Diversity in Special Education
- Behavior Management
- Introduction to Learning Disabilities
- Methods and Strategies for Teaching Children with Learning Disabilities
- Transition and Career Education for Individuals with Disabilities
- Educational Technology and Assistive Technology for Students with Disabilities
- Directed Teaching
- Directed Teaching Seminar
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Total Tuition and Mandatory Fees: $29,044
- Total Estimated Direct Cost: $41,244
- SHU Global (online and off-site locations) per credit hour: $545
Message the school
About this institute
Siena Heights University
Siena Heights University is a Catholic university founded in 1919 and sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. Enrolling a diverse community of traditional-age and working adult students, Siena Heights is a coeducational institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission that...
Siena Heights University
Want to know more about Special Education, Learning Disabilities, B.A. for K-12 Teacher Certification? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!