About this program
Law and Politics, B.A.
The Law and Politics major is designed to offer students a focused course of study of law and politics in the liberal arts tradition. The core curriculum will expose students to some of the dominant approaches to the study of law and politics.
Students with a stronger interest in politics would choose a more in depth study of politics by following the politics track of the curriculum. This track is designed to deepen a student's understanding of politics by focusing the student's studies in two subfields of political science in preparation for a Senior Seminar course and a Senior Thesis.
Students with a stronger interest in law, or who plan to attend law school, would choose the law track of the curriculum. This track is designed to emphasize specific courses to hone a student's exposure to law, to sharpen legal thinking and to strengthen legal writing skills in preparation for a profession in the field of law.
Both tracks are designed to develop the ability to think, write, speak, and act thoughtfully, ethically, and competently about politics.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in college transfer coursework including official transcripts.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute university.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Foundations Of Political Thought
- American Democracy
- Comparative Politics
- United States Foreign Policy or
- International Relations
- Public Policy
- Law And Society or
- Constitutional Law I: Civil Rights & Civil Liberties or
- Constitutional Law II: Government Powers or
- Criminal Law
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
- Total Tuition and Mandatory Fees: $29,044
- Total Estimated Direct Cost: $41,244
- SHU Global (online and off-site locations) per credit hour: $545
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental political processes, institutions, actors, behavior, and ideas in the United States; and familiarity with major theories, methods, and concepts in Political Science.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how other countries might differ from the United States in political systems and why.
- Demonstrate proficiency in thinking systematically about political interactions in national, global, and international contexts.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of both the power of law and the limits of law to alter social and political arrangements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in thinking systematically about the ethical dimensions of politics and law.
- Demonstrate ability to write effectively, engage in intellectually grounded debate, and form, express, and critically evaluate different arguments.
- Assess original and secondary sources of argumentation and evidence, apply scholarly findings to new situations, and express those findings in writing and in independent research.
- Gain intellectual and social skills for graduate work and employment.
Message the school
About this institute
Siena Heights University
Siena Heights University is a Catholic university founded in 1919 and sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. Enrolling a diverse community of traditional-age and working adult students, Siena Heights is a coeducational institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission that...
Want to know more about Law and Politics, B.A.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!