Master of Real Estate and Infrastructure (MREI)
The 12-month full-time Master of Real Estate and Infrastructure (MREI) is the first graduate program in Canada that offers a combination of courses in both Real Estate and Infrastructure. The program builds upon the quality and reputation of the MBA specialization in Real Estate and Infrastructure, which was established in 1991.
The MREI integrates leadership development with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking and development, investment and financing of real estate and infrastructure. It combines classroom learning with a one-of-a-kind co-curricular experience, creating strong connections between theory and practical application and capitalizing on a diverse network of alumni and other industry participants.
The comprehensive curriculum examines valuation techniques, legal and regulatory frameworks, investment and business structures and the project life cycle. Students will have opportunities to further explore their professional interests with elective courses in specialized topics.
The backbone of the curriculum is a leadership development course that runs throughout the three terms and integrates learning from the myriad aspects of the student experience.
The general admission requirements for the MREI are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
Work Experience is not required, but strong internships or prior work experience is recommended.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Relevant full-time work experience of 2 years is strongly preferred.
Completion of the online application which requires
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be from a professor.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English
- IELTS (Academic Test) - 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
- TOEFL - 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension) Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Leadership In Real Estate And Infrastructure I
- Real Estate Finance & Investment
- Economic Forces Shaping The City
- Development Prototypes
- Infrastructure Delivery Models
- Leadership In Real Estate And Infrastructure Ii
- Changing Landscapes - Historical Perspectives On The Industry
- Infrastructure Investment And Finance
- Life Of A Project
- Sustainable Cities - Urbanization Infrastructure & Strategic Choices
- Structuring Development Transactions
- Leadership In Real Estate And Infrastructure III
- Creative Workshop
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $17,531 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $26,706 per Term/Semester
The MREI will address a significant resource need in both the Real Estate and infrastructure sectors for qualified professionals and entrepreneurs city builders capable of contributing to what is recognized as the single largest industry in the region (when combining real estate and infrastructure, measured by percent of GDP).
Throughout the MREI program, you will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative programs, resources and individualized coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events and enjoy online access to the very best career tools available
MREI graduates work in real estate and infrastructure development, investment and portfolio management, project finance and consulting. They are employed by developers, real estate investment trusts, pension funds and advisory firms, financial institutions, brokerage and consulting firms. Some are entrepreneurs launching their own firms.
Our MREI could lead you to an exciting career in an organization such as
- Cadillac Fairview
- SMART CENTERS
- RIO CAN
- GREAT GLUF
Learn how Schulich’s specialized Masters programs provide you with the credentials you need for the career you want.
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. Schulich offers a Bachelor of Business Administration, and an...
Why study at Schulich School of Business - York University
- Canada’s Global Business School™: Overseas campuses in Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China as well as Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Mexico City
- Global Academic Partnerships: Students can study abroad at one of more than 80 leading management schools in 40 countries
- A Worldwide Alumni Network: 31,000+ alumni working in more than 90 countries and 93 alumni chapters in over 60 countries.
- Cutting-Edge Specializations: One of the broadest ranges of business specializations of any business school – 17 in total
- Groundbreaking Programs: North America’s first-ever cross-border executive MBA degree and one of the world’s first degrees in Business Analytics (MBAN)
- Unique Flexibility: Students can switch seamlessly between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands.
- Student Diversity: One of the most diverse student bodies of any MBA program in North America
- Faculty Diversity: More than 60% are international, coming from close to 30 countries and speaking in excess of 35 languages
- Program Diversity: Multi-stakeholder perspectives on business and a focus on for-profit, nonprofit and public sector organizations.
Want to know more about Master of Real Estate and Infrastructure (MREI)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...