Master of Management (MMGT)
The 12-month full-time Master of Management (MMgt) is designed to equip graduates from non-business programs with the tools they need for managing and problem solving in a variety of organizations and environments.
The MMgt pairs general management education with a special non-technical focus on developing leadership, problem-solving and communication skills.
Students will build knowledge of the major disciplines of management and how they intersect, while developing key competencies that are valued by organizations and that will facilitate employment in a career with a future. The curriculum is highly experiential, culminating with an Enterprise Consulting Project in which students will collaboratively develop recommendations for a client organization.
Students will graduate from the MMgt program with:
- an ability to evaluate and solve management issues while taking into account risk, uncertainty and ambiguity
- the skills needed to work effectively in groups and teams, and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences; and
- an understanding of the obligation to act in a socially and ethically responsible manner.
Master of Management graduates will be eligible for significant advanced standing into the Schulich MBA, after acquiring the requisite work experience to be eligible for the MBA.
The general admission requirements for the MMgt are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, in a non-business field of study, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants holding business/commerce degrees are not eligible for the Master of Management program, but may apply for the Accelerated MBA once they have acquired a minimum of two years of work experience. Excluded degrees include, but are not limited to, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Administrative Studies (BAS), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS), Honours Business Administration (HBA) or Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc).
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
Work Experience is not required. Applicants may not have more than two years of full-time work experience.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Applicants with two years or more of full-time work experience are not eligible for admission to the MMgt and are encouraged to apply to the MBA.
Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be academic
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions Official copies of transcripts will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Term 1: Fall
- Financial Accounting For Managers
- Business Communication And Team Dynamics
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Business And Sustainability
- Managerial Decision Analysis
Term 2: Winter
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
- Design And Management Of Organizational Processes
- Strategic Thinking
- Organizational Behaviour
Term 3: Summer
- Managerial Accounting
- Enterprise Consulting Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $8,962 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $18,885 per Term/Semester
The Schulich Master of Management will equip you with the knowledge and leadership skills you need to gain a competitive advantage. You will learn to manage complexity, change, and ambiguity as you examine management issues in a global context.
Throughout the MMgt program, you will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative programs, resources and individualized coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events and enjoy online access to the very best career tools available.
Recruiters value the communication, interpersonal and leadership skills that Schulich MMgt graduates possess, paired with the knowledge and capabilities obtained in their undergraduate studies.
Our MMgt could lead you to an exciting career in an organization such as
Learn how Schulich’s specialized Masters programs provide you with the credentials you need for the career you want.
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. Schulich offers a Bachelor of Business Administration, and an...
Why study at Schulich School of Business - York University
- Canada’s Global Business School™: Overseas campuses in Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China as well as Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Mexico City
- Global Academic Partnerships: Students can study abroad at one of more than 80 leading management schools in 40 countries
- A Worldwide Alumni Network: 31,000+ alumni working in more than 90 countries and 93 alumni chapters in over 60 countries.
- Cutting-Edge Specializations: One of the broadest ranges of business specializations of any business school – 17 in total
- Groundbreaking Programs: North America’s first-ever cross-border executive MBA degree and one of the world’s first degrees in Business Analytics (MBAN)
- Unique Flexibility: Students can switch seamlessly between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands.
- Student Diversity: One of the most diverse student bodies of any MBA program in North America
- Faculty Diversity: More than 60% are international, coming from close to 30 countries and speaking in excess of 35 languages
- Program Diversity: Multi-stakeholder perspectives on business and a focus on for-profit, nonprofit and public sector organizations.
Want to know more about Master of Management (MMGT)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...