Master of Management in Business Analytics (MBAN)
With the increasing importance of business analytics, the talent to analyze and demystify Big Data is in growing demand.
The first of its kind in Canada, the Schulich Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) is a 12-month full-time program, designed to give you the tools and techniques to become an expert in this evolving, high-demand field.
The capstone of the program is an Analytics Consulting Project in which students will spend two terms working with real data in service to the community. Mirroring real-world “Big Data Competitions,” students will complete a hands-on, problem-driven analytics project and develop applicable business solutions using the resources of the state of the art Deloitte Cognitive Analytics and Visualization Lab. They will directly interface with industry leaders and develop both technical and organizational expertise.
All Schulich MBAN students are awarded the much-coveted SAS™ (Statistical Analysis Software) certification upon completion of the program.
The general admission requirements for the MBAN are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
A four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
A strong quantitative background demonstrated by course work in statistics, math, economics and research methods during undergraduate studies.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-87 or GRE code 5697
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
Completion of the online application which requires
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English
- IELTS (Academic Test) - 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
- TOEFL - 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension) Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Term 1 (Summer)
- Predictive Modelling I
- Data Management & Programming
- Visual Analytics And Modelling
- Big Data Fundamentals And Applications
- Data Science I
Term 2 (Fall)
- Predictive Modelling II
- Data Science II
- Advanced Spreadsheet Modelling & Programming For Business
- Analytics Consulting Project
- Credits Of Elective Courses
Term 3 (Winter)
- Realizing Value From Ai and Analytics In Organizations
- Multivariate Methods For Business Analytics
- Ethics And Societal Implications of Artificial Intelligence
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $17,973 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $26,706 per Term/Semester
The Schulich Master of Business Analytics will provide you with the technical, quantitative expertise and strategic mindset to support data-driven business decision-making.
With increased data available via new technologies, many industries such as banking, healthcare, retail and e-commerce are acknowledging the importance of analytics and hiring specialized professionals to analyze big data, create value and drive decision-making.
As part of your MBAN career services you will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC) and online access to year round job postings, career tools as well as corporate information sessions and CDC run events.
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. Schulich offers a Bachelor of Business Administration, and an...
Want to know more about Master of Management in Business Analytics (MBAN)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg