Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence (MMAI)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is undergoing a landmark evolution, transforming the private and public sectors. As organizations adopt and invest in AI technology, a new style of management is needed one that pairs a leader’s vision with a scientist’s mastery over a growing body of specialized knowledge.
The 12-month full-time Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence (MMAI)* is designed to meet the growing need for talented professionals with the skills and advanced applied knowledge to develop, evaluate, refine and implement AI-related applications and technologies.
The immersive curriculum offers a technical foundation in natural language processing, computational methods and modeling, paired with core business skills. Students will explore a critically evolving ethical landscape as they confront moral topics in AI, such as algorithmic bias, data privacy and intelligent agent autonomy.
The capstone Artificial Intelligence Consulting Project (AICP) provides students with an opportunity to solve a significant business problem by designing a managerial approach. Working in the Deloitte Cognitive Analytics and Visualization Lab student teams will deliver a solution to a client organization, interacting with industry managers, technicians, suppliers and other stakeholders.
The general admission requirements for the MMAI are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in the program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-87 or GRE code 5697 GMAT may be waived for exceptional candidates
- Not required but internships or prior experience is recommended
Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary
- institutions*Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
IELTS (Academic Test) - 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
TOEFL - 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension) Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Term 1 (Fall)
- Artificial Intelligence Fundamentals
- Database Fundamentals
- Algorithms For Business Analysis
- Case Analysis And Presentation Skills
- Ethics And Societal Implications Of Artificial Intelligence
Term 2 (Winter)
- Business Applications Of Artificial Intelligence I
- Visual Analytics And Modelling
- Numerical Methods And Analysis
- Ai Consulting Project
- Managing Change
Term 3 (Summer)
- Business Applications Of Artificial Intelligence Ii
- Natural Language Processing
- Applications Of Neural Networks And Deep Learning In Business
- Interpersonal Managerial Skills
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $17,973 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $26,706 per Term/Semester
The MMAI will produce creative problem-solvers equipped to leverage AI in business, non-profit, governmental or start-up organizations. Graduates will possess a competitive combination of management skills, technical expertise and the ethical sensibilities required to execute solutions to business challenges.
Career support is embedded throughout the MMAI program journey, with structured training in areas such as personal branding and case interview preparation. Students will grow their expertise in Apache Hadoop, Structured Query Language (SQL), Tableau Data Visualization and Microsoft Azure.
As part of your MMAI career services you will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC), providing you with online access to year-round job postings and career tools as well as corporate information sessions and CDC-run events.
Our MMAI could lead you to an exciting career in an organization such as
- SLALOM Consulting
- York Region
Learn how Schulich’s specialized Masters programs provide you with the credentials you need for the career you want.
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. Schulich offers a Bachelor of Business Administration, and an...
Why study at Schulich School of Business - York University
- Canada’s Global Business School™: Overseas campuses in Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China as well as Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Mexico City
- Global Academic Partnerships: Students can study abroad at one of more than 80 leading management schools in 40 countries
- A Worldwide Alumni Network: 31,000+ alumni working in more than 90 countries and 93 alumni chapters in over 60 countries.
- Cutting-Edge Specializations: One of the broadest ranges of business specializations of any business school – 17 in total
- Groundbreaking Programs: North America’s first-ever cross-border executive MBA degree and one of the world’s first degrees in Business Analytics (MBAN)
- Unique Flexibility: Students can switch seamlessly between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands.
- Student Diversity: One of the most diverse student bodies of any MBA program in North America
- Faculty Diversity: More than 60% are international, coming from close to 30 countries and speaking in excess of 35 languages
- Program Diversity: Multi-stakeholder perspectives on business and a focus on for-profit, nonprofit and public sector organizations.
Want to know more about Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence (MMAI)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...