Master of Health Industry AdministrationSchulich School of Business - York University
About this program
Master of Health Industry Administration
The 12-month Master of Health Industry Administration (MHIA)* is a highly specialized 34.5-credit full-time program designed to provide the in-depth knowledge and skills necessary to navigate and manage in a highly complex and competitive field that encompasses business, government, and not-for-profit organizations.
The Canadian healthcare system, along with others around the world, requires major transformational changes to adapt to limited financial resources, an aging population, and the emergence and adoption of new delivery models and technologies, including artificial intelligence, business analytics, and virtual care.
The MHIA combines Schulich’s strengths of leading-edge management education with our specialized expertise in the field of healthcare administration. Building on Schulich’s existing Health Industry Management specialization and graduate diploma, along with a diverse alumni pool and wide range of sector partners, this highly applied professional program will integrate leadership development with a focus on strategic thinking, systems design, healthcare quality, and value-creation.
The MHIA curriculum is designed by faculty within Schulich’s newly createdKrembil Centre for Health Management & Leadership, a holistic initiative designed to promote thought leadership in the field of health leadership and management through education, applied research, and industry collaboration.
The program has established a number of prestigious scholarships, including the Robert Krembil Scholarship of Merit, worth approximately $60,000, which will go to one MHIA student each year, as well as the Dr. L. O. Bradley Leadership Entrance Award, given annually to two students, and the Benoît Lauzé Scholarship of Excellence.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Work Experience is not required, but considered for admission.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Completion of the online application
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
- IELTS (Academic Test)7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension) TOEFL 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Term One Fall
- FALL WORKSHOP: OVERVIEW OF CANADIAN HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY
- PREVENTATIVE HEALTHCARE
- FINANCIAL DECISIONS FOR MANAGERS
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT FOR HEALTHCARE
- DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESSES
Term Two Winter
- WINTER WORKSHOP: LEADERSHIP AND STRATEGY IN CANADIAN HEALTHCARE
- DIGITAL HEALTH
- ANALYTICS AND MODELLING FOR HEALTHCARE
- LEADERSHIP & HEALTHCARE STRATEGY
- ECONOMICS OF HEALTHCARE
- QUALITY AND VALUE IN HEALTHCARE
Term Three Summer
- SUMMER WORKSHOP: HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS AND PUBLIC POLICY
- PERFORMANCE INDICATORS IN HEALTHCARE
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION IN HEALTHCARE
- PUBLIC POLICY FOR HEALTHCARE
- STRATEGY CONSULTING STUDY IN HEALTHCARE
The MHIA program is comprised of 34.50 credits of core courses.
Students are eligible for graduation upon their successful completion of 34.50 credits. Expand the menu below to see detailed curriculum requirements.
The course listing below reflects the intended program structure. Course requirements and sequencing are subject to change.
Domestic Students: $37,400
International Students: $84,100
Schulich’s Master of Health Industry Administration (MHIA) will prepare you with the leadership and management skills needed to thrive and make a difference in a transformational industry, in both the public and private spheres. As part of your MHIA career services you will also have access to the Centre for Career Design (CCD) and online access to year-round job postings, career tools, as well as corporate information sessions and CCD-run events.
Message the school
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. At the undergraduate level, Schulich offers a Bachelor of...
Why study at Schulich School of Business - York University
- Canada’s Global Business School™: Overseas campuses in Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China as well as Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Mexico City
- Global Academic Partnerships: Students can study abroad at one of more than 80 leading management schools in 40 countries
- A Worldwide Alumni Network: 33,000+ alumni working in more than 90 countries and 93 alumni chapters in over 60 countries.
- Cutting-Edge Specializations: One of the broadest ranges of business specializations of any business school – 18 in total
- Groundbreaking Programs: North America’s first-ever cross-border executive MBA degree and one of the world’s first degrees in Business Analytics (MBAN)
- Unique Flexibility: Students can switch seamlessly between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands.
- Student Diversity: One of the most diverse student bodies of any MBA program in North America
- Faculty Diversity: More than 60% are international, coming from close to 30 countries and speaking in excess of 35 languages
- Program Diversity: Multi-stakeholder perspectives on business and a focus on for-profit, nonprofit and public sector organizations.
Schulich School of Business - York University
Want to know more about Master of Health Industry Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!