Master of Business Administration/Juris Doctor (MBA/JD)
The joint Master of Business Administration/Juris Doctor (MBA/JD) Program offered by the Schulich School of Business together with Osgoode Hall Law School features a unique combination of courses to prepare students for the demands of leading-edge careers in business, law and a variety of fields in which the two disciplines intersect.
The full-time joint degree program gives you the added value of completing your studies in just four years one year less than if both degrees were undertaken separately. Admission is required by both Schulich and Osgoode Hall Law School.
Learn more about a number of initiatives and programs for students of the Schulich MBA/JD at the Hennick Centre for Business and Law, the first Canadian centre to promote and develop joint business and law scholarship and education.
To be eligible for consideration, each applicant must be admitted to both the MBA program at the Schulich School of Business and the JD program at Osgoode Hall Law School. Refer to each program page for general admission requirements and application deadlines. Note: admission to each program independently does not result in automatic admission to the joint MBA/JD program.
A limited number of students in Schulich MBA 1 or Osgoode 1L will be considered each year for admission into the second year of the MBA/JD joint program (4 year program only).*
In addition to the standard admission requirements for each program, students must also have achieved the following:
An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with at least an A- average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic study.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with an additional year of work experience (beyond the minimum required by program)
- A score of no less than the 85th percentile on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
Acceptable scores on all measures of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A score of no less than the 85th percentile on the GMAT or the GRE
- GMAT waivers can be provided to students who have scored an 85th percentile or higher on the Law School Admission Test ( LSAT).
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-30; GRE code 5697
- Post-degree work experience is not required, however it is strongly recommended since students will be in class with MBA students who generally have 4-5 years of experience.
Completion of the online application
- The online application requires: essays (video and written), an updated resume and 2 recommendations. Copies of transcripts, GMAT or GRE scores may be uploaded to facilitate the initial review process
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
IELTS (Academic Test) - 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
TOEFL - 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension) Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
MBA 1 Core Courses
- Financial Accounting For Managers
- Management Accounting
- The Economic Environment Of Business
- Managerial Finance
- Skills For Leadership
- Managing For Value Creation
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business And The Law
MBA 2 Core Courses
- Strategy Field Study Formation
- Strategy Field Study
- Strategic Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full time fee for Domestic Students: $17,973 per Term/Semester
- Full time fee for International Students: $26,722 per Term/Semester
With the integrative programs offered through the varied functional and industry-specific specializations of both the MBA and JD program, students can pursue careers in any industry. Typically the banks have recruited MBA/JD students in their capital markets roles, as they bring the legal knowledge for structuring the financial transaction. Students pursuing corporate law also work closely in all industries.
Our MBA/JD could lead you to an exciting career in an organization such as
- Stikemam Elliot
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. Schulich offers a Bachelor of Business Administration, and an...
Want to know more about Master of Business Administration/Juris Doctor (MBA/JD)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Richmond, United States of America
Doctorate / PhD
Richmond, United States of America