Diploma in Intermediate Accounting in IndiaSchulich School of Business - York University
Diploma in Intermediate Accounting in India
All available course dates
About this program
Diploma in Intermediate Accounting in India
Launch your international career in professional accountancy in Canada.
The Schulich Diploma in Intermediate Accounting in India (DIAc in India) is an 8-month graduate diploma program designed to provide a foundation in the field of Professional Accountancy in Canada. Students will gain a thorough understanding of financial and management accounting fundamentals and grow their knowledge of the sub-disciplines of the field.
The core curriculum is designed to thoroughly introduce students to accounting concepts such as reporting, analysis, capital structure, and financial planning. Topics incorporate key principles for management and ethical considerations in a wider global context and prepare students to pursue their next steps in a professional accountancy career.
Upon completion, students are equipped to enter Term 2 of the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program if they so choose and then proceed to write the Common Final Examination (CFE) with CPA Canada.
This new program allows students from India to complete the first term of the DIAc program in Hyderabad and the second term in Toronto.
- A three-year or four-year undergraduate degree from an Indian institution with a National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) rating of at least an A, and who have achieved a first-class rating of 60% & above overall in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination(GRE)
- Work Experience
- Post-degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
For more specific information on program requirements, please visit the institute's web page.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING I
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FUNDAMENTALS
- MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING FUNDAMENTALS
- MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING II
- FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- ADVANCED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- AUDITING STANDARDS & APPLICATIONS
- INTRODUCTION TO INCOME TAXATION
- MULTI-COMPETENCY CASE ANALYSIS FOR ACCOUNTANTS
The India Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc) program is identical to the regular DIAc program and provides students with a core curriculum designed to thoroughly introduce them to financial and management accounting concepts. Students with a non-business or non-Canadian degree interested in the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program must first complete the DIAc.
Eligible students holding a three-year undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian institution (see requirement checklist below for further details) can only join the India DIAc program. Students with a four-year degree from an Indian institution can choose to join either the India DIAc program or the regular DIAc program commencing Term 0 in Toronto. Students admitted to the India DIAc program complete Term 0 of the program in Hyderabad, India, and then join the rest of the DIAc students in Toronto from Term 1 onwards.
8 months (4 months in Hyderabad and 4 months in Toronto)
Domestic Students: $8,984 per term/semester
International Students: $19,830 per term/semester
Graduates of the Master of Accounting program are eligible to write the CPA Common Final Examination (CFE) and pursue a designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant.
Students may continue on from term two to obtain a Master in Accounting (MAcc).
Whether your goal is to become a professional accountant or pursue another career in business, Schulich’s Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc in India) will provide you with the introductory knowledge that will help differentiate you from other business professionals. For those looking to further their professional accounting education, graduates of the DIAc in India program are able to complete the Schulich Master of Accounting in an additional 8 months.
Students also have access to the Centre for Career Design (CCD). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CCD offers a wealth of innovative programs, resources, and individualized mentoring and coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters, and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CCD events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.
Message the school
About this institute
Schulich School of Business - York University
The Schulich School of Business, based in Toronto Canada, has been consistently ranked as the number one business school in Canada by organizations like The Economist Magazine, CNN Expansion and Forbes. At the undergraduate level, Schulich offers a Bachelor of...
Why study at Schulich School of Business - York University
- Canada’s Global Business School™: Overseas campuses in Hyderabad, India and Beijing, China as well as Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Mexico City
- Global Academic Partnerships: Students can study abroad at one of more than 80 leading management schools in 40 countries
- A Worldwide Alumni Network: 33,000+ alumni working in more than 90 countries and 93 alumni chapters in over 60 countries.
- Cutting-Edge Specializations: One of the broadest ranges of business specializations of any business school – 18 in total
- Groundbreaking Programs: North America’s first-ever cross-border executive MBA degree and one of the world’s first degrees in Business Analytics (MBAN)
- Unique Flexibility: Students can switch seamlessly between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands.
- Student Diversity: One of the most diverse student bodies of any MBA program in North America
- Faculty Diversity: More than 60% are international, coming from close to 30 countries and speaking in excess of 35 languages
- Program Diversity: Multi-stakeholder perspectives on business and a focus on for-profit, nonprofit and public sector organizations.
Want to know more about Diploma in Intermediate Accounting in India? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!