Earn a Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy
The Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy is designed to prepare its participants for careers in the fields of foreign affairs, journalism, or business. Combining a traditional approach to the study of international relations with practical training in the mechanics of contemporary diplomacy and international negotiations, the master programme can be completed in two semesters of full-time study.
The International Relations and Diplomacy Master Degree involves two semesters worth of laboratory courses in diplomacy and allows students to transfer between the London and Paris campuses. This gives students the unique opportunity of being exposed to diplomatic agencies in both capitals.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy, graduates can look forward to pursuing careers in international organizations, in law, government, business or journalism. Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy-graduates can also choose to move onto graduate programs in political science and international relations if desired.
Applicants must have a Bachelor degree or its equivalent, with a major in the graduate area for which they are applying. Students with undergraduate degrees in another field may be required to complete preparatory courses.
Applicants must have maintained a good academic record in their undergraduate studies. If the applicant has below a 2.4 undergraduate GPA, a minimum GMAT score of 450 is required for entry into the degree program and a provisional admission will be granted.
Applicants who have worked full-time should submit a résumé containing name and address of their employers, dates of employment, job title and a short description of duties.
Applicants should have proof of English proficiency such as:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 80 undergraduate programs (internet version) or 89 graduate programs (internet version). SIU’s TOEFL number is 0835.
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) score of at least 600.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of at least 6.0 for undergraduate programs and 6.5 for graduate programs.
- CAMBRIDGE FCE (First Certificate in English) grade of “B” (B2 level)
Cambridge Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) preferred
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The tuition fee for Master programs at Schiller International University Heidelberg is €1,762 per course.
Scholarships & financial aid
Financial aid is available for students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens. Aid may cover school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies and transportation. There are three basic types of aid:
- Grants and Scholarships – are gift aid and successful students do not have to repay them.
- Loans must be repaid (low interest and in some cases do not have to be repaid until student leaves school).
- College Work Study (CWS) where students earn money to pay bills, may be awarded to students who possess a good academic record (either from a secondary or postsecondary institution) and who exhibit useful skills and financial need. Recipients serve part-time as library assistants, office assistants, building and grounds assistants, etc. Compensation is given for hours worked and will be applied toward tuition owed.
Schiller International University has a Veterans’ Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office who can provide forms, information, and a point of contact to assist Veteran’s in receiving Veterans’ benefits.
About this institute
Earn a USA and British degree in Europe and USA!
Schiller International University (SIU) was established in 1964 by Dr. Walter Leibrecht as a private American University dedicated to the active development and encouragement of international understanding. As a philosophy professor in the United States, Dr. Leibrecht was so impressed with...
Want to know more about Master Degree in International Relations & Diplomacy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.