"Global Humanities" is an undergraduate degree programs taught in English that combines innovative teaching methodologies with participatory learning in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences. The programs explores histories, cultures, philosophies, critical theories, politics and arts through courses in History, Anthropology, Literature, Media, Law, Human Rights, Migrations, Gender Economics, Psychology, Public Health and more. Students will be able to select courses within the programs to create flexible and career-oriented curricula that take into account the background and the specific interests of every student. This BA course opens doors to new career opportunities, taking students on an exciting journey of learning and discovery in the fields of cultural institutions, the public and no-profit sectors, education, media, journalism, and more. The programs partners with other organizations and institutions to offer a vibrant curriculum that pursuits the study of Humanities for Hope’ to achieve ‘Humanity for All
- Italian citizens, EU citizens residing anywhere and non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy as per art. 26 of law no. 189/2002, who hold an upper secondary school diploma;
- non-EU candidates permanently residing abroad and applying for a student visa, who hold an upper secondary school diploma and who have successfully passed the Italian language test. This academic year, the Italian language test will be performed online
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Global Humanities: Critical Theories and Transnational Cultures
- Emerging Africa in the Framework of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Arts, Music and Performance Studies
- Social and Anthropological Studies, Economics and Law
- History II
- Anthropology, Cultural Psychology, Religions and Philosophy
- Trancultural Studies, Politics and Migration Studies
- Other Language Skills
- Training and Orientation Internships
- Other Useful Skills for Inclusion in the Job Market
- Final Dissertation
- Transnational Studies, International Law and Public Health
The tuition fee for this program is €1000 per year.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The Degree in Global Humanities is characterized by an interdisciplinary approach which brings together cultural, literary, and historical studies with the study of socio-anthropological sciences, history of religions and philosophical disciplines, and learning in the fields of law, politics and human rights. All these courses aim at providing a sound knowledge in the disciplines of Humanities in a global perspective. This BA degree also strives to provide a solid theoretical and methodological preparation to enter the job market, but it is also committed to prepare students to continue with their postgraduate studies, either in Italy or abroad.
This is a three years undergraduate course with a flexible program and the possibility to devise an original, creative and career-oriented curriculum, which will take into account the background and the specific interests of every student. Students will graduate not only with expertise in their chosen field, but with the skills required for a wide variety of professions.
The Degree in Global Humanities is entirely taught in English. It combines innovative teaching methodologies with the commitment to participatory learning in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences. It applies a global and transcultural perspective to equip students with research methods and appropriate conceptual tools needed to understand the cultural and political processes of migrations, of inter-ethnic communication and transcultural mediation in relation to global diasporas, and to the demographic dynamics of population flows. One of the main objectives of this Course is to offer students the opportunity to work in both private and public institutions, operating in associations active in the fields of international cooperation and hospitality, and developing since the third year – also through workshops and internships - a wealth of methodological skills, transdisciplinary methodologies, and cultural knowledge.
To meet these goals, the main objectives of this interdisciplinary and global-oriented program are pursued through a three-year learning path that equips students with
- competences in the field of historical research, in a transcultural perspective
- competences in the field of cultural, anthropological, and sociological studies and interdisciplinary researches
- knowledge in the fields of international law and economics
- with private and public institutions and agencies operative in the welfare sectors and in the social services;
- with centers, associations, Not for Profit Organizations, agencies whose main purpose is to offer services to the person and support in activities of cultural mediation.
- with humanitarian organizations operating with migrants, stateless people, refugees, asylum seekers
- with no-profit associations working with forcefully displaced people, victims of human trafficking, forced migrants, and unaccompanied minors
- with public and private agencies and institutions operating in the fields of migrations and diasporas
About this institute
Sapienza University of Rome
Choosing a university isn't easy. You want a place that can make your dreams come true, educate you and provide you with the knowledge, life skills and resources that will give you an edge in the world. And choosing a...
Want to know more about Global Humanities? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic