Laser Technology - Certificate of AchievementSan Jose City College
Laser Technology - Certificate of Achievement
All available course dates
About this program
Lasers are now the enabling devices of choice for many industries that range from medicine, entertainment, telecommunications, and aesthetics, to quality control. Their ubiquity has resulted in the sky-rocketing demand for personnel who are well-versed in laser technology for both technical and non-technical positions. We therefore give our students both theoretical and hands-on competencies needed to tackle most common problems and issues encountered in the laser/laser system environments through regular course and industry internships.
Students must satisfactorily complete all major and certificate courses with a grade of "C" or better and at least four courses must be completed at San Jose City College.
Admission to San José City College (SJCC) is open to high school graduates, possess GED, certificate of proficiency, or the equivalent, or to those who are at least 18 years old.
The first step for all persons desiring to enroll in classes at SJCC is to complete an application for admission. Please visit the website for more information regarding admission.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Introduction to Industrial Electronics and Controls
- Laser Fundamentals and Performance Tests
- Rapid Laser Optics 3-D Prototyping
- Intermediate Laser Technology
- Advanced Laser Technology
- Fiber Laser Technology
- Algebra/Trigonometry-Based Physics I
- Intermediate Algebra
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Laser Technology - Associate in Science
- Laser Technology - Certificate of Achievement Level 1
- Laser Technology - Certificate of Achievement Level 3
- Comply with ANSI and OSHA laser safety standards.
- Verify the quality of laser parts and sub-assemblies, applying appropriate standards.
- Build lasers/laser systems following prescribed procedures.
- Write and/or follow procedures for lasers/laser systems testing and operation.
- Verify a laser/laser systems reliability and compliance to performance specifications.
- Maintain and troubleshoot lasers/laser systems.
Message the school
About this institute
San Jose City College
Founded in 1921 in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, San José City College (SJCC) has provided educational excellence and opportunities to students from around the world for 100 years! San José City College’s new state-of-the-art facilities combined with a...
Want to know more about Laser Technology - Certificate of Achievement? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!